or Connect

Posts by amce

If you're looking for a boot that will get you through snow and slush then check out: http://www.graninge-outdoor.com/ Not a boot for the faint-hearted. Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by DECEMBER On bootsonline.com there is an option for "size type" and gives 5 selections: American, Australian, UK, RMW, and European. What does this mean and how does it affect sizing? And which should I go with. The Yearling Craftsman offered at O'brien's is the B543? This is a casual / dress boot correct? Australian=UK=RMW, i.e. they are one and the same. Widths are, IMO, tricky. Your best option is to try and...
Quote: Originally Posted by TheWraith You're making my need for this boot so much more potent, Amce Beautiful boots. Thanks W! Just spent an hour conditioning and shining them. They're starting to show a deeper shine than the superficial glossy one they had as new. Cheers
If you can get hold of one then a Fjällräven Expedition is, IMHO, your best choice. I've had mine since 1991 and it's still in perfect shape. They're expensive but worth every penny, cent or öre. Check out their website: www.fjallraven.se Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by Lovellum As for me, my next ankle boot purchase has got to be the crocodile print craftsman from RMW. What better way to look like a big timer? Here's a pic of my mock crocs: Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by vasili_leung Hi, guys. First time posting here. Nice to meet you all. I just bought my first pair of RMs from the Sydney George St store about 3 days ago. I wore it the past 3 days, and they're are still killing my feet! The guy at the store did tell me it'll take about 10 days to break them in. But hell, it's bloody painful I'm telling ya. Does it usually take this long? He also recommended me to get the size 7.5,...
The Craftsman on the B543 last is a classic. You can get it with leather soles, Goodyear welted or screwed (sleeker); with a composite sole (called the Blaxland but it's the same last) or a composite sole with the Comfort inner, both of these welted. You just can't go wrong with the B543! If your looking for something with a more rounded/pointed toe then, IMHO, the Macquarie on the B555 is your best bet. An MTO that can be configured with the same variety of soles as...
My photography "skills" don't do them justice but for what it's worth: On parade: from left to right 2xCC chestnut, CC mock croc, CC black, MTO Craftsman with screwed leather sole. All of these on the B543 last. Finally the B555 Macquaries with leather sole. The Comfort Craftsman Mock Croc The Macquarie B555 in chestnut Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by Essentio Has anyone ordered from this seller? http://www.bootsonline.com.au/ Please comment, thanks! They are very well recommended. If you want to go the RMW path then the RMW thread here on the SF is "required reading". A rainy Sunday afternoon, a bottle of your favourite plonk, put your feet up........: http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=21179 As far as I know, no other manufacturer is blessed with so...
Quote: Originally Posted by makewayhomer has anyone ever heard of the Forum Special done in the Comfort Craftsman style? I'm thinking about ordering - flat heel - B529 last - Yearling - brass screwed leather soles and using the descriptions from BootsOnline: - New Poron insole provides superior cushioning and absorbs heel strike for unparalled comfort. - Microfibre "sock lining" - soft and durable will breathe and wick moisture away from...