or Connect

Posts by amce

Some winters over here, when the snow in the morning is up past your ankles or even worse, then wellies or hiking boots with a thick Vibram sole are the only alternative. One's shoes with nice leather soles should be carried in a bag and put on when one gets to the office. Won't have to worry about this problem in a couple of years, Wraith, or will I? Considering climate change. Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by TheWraith You working in Sweden, amce? Glad you're bringing a bit of Aussie to Scandinavia Yes, and will be doing so for a few more years before I return to Oz for good. Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by Ged For my wife, I went for black French Veal calf on the Macquarie last, with a screwed sole. They look pretty damn good. Ged What heel did you choose? Any pics? Cheers
Melburnian by birth but residing in Sweden. Depressed today because the Pies lost to the Hawks. Watching the Tour de France on the telly and polishing my RM's is good therapy. Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by snowtrooper Can someone adviced me which of the following should i go with? This would be the first time i ordered R.M. William chelsea boot 1. B500F Bushman Flatheel (flat heel, chestnut, unlined) 2. B555 Macquarie (flatheel chestnut) 3. B530 Turnout (flatheel chestnut) i am looking for something that is not too dressy and is suitable in business causual environment as well as jean. I would be ordering from bootonline...
Quote: Originally Posted by Presto87 And again, now adding water?! I'd be worried that it would stain the leather - especially leaving on for such a relatively long amount of time ... Well, we're not talking litres of the stuff. Just a few drops. It emulsifies into the polish in some way. Compare it with spit-polishing - a time-tried method for obtaining a shine. Check out the video at this link: http://garra.jp/style/tailored/index.html ,...
Thanks. The Macquaries haven't been out in the wild yet. I've conditioned them and am now going to polish them up with RM's polish goo. Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by Presto87 ... anyway, woke up to find that I somehow managed to get conditioner onto the elastic (i.e. non leather) portions of the shoe! And now, needless to say - the elastic looks ugly: mixture of brown/black 'stains' ... and to make things worse, I can't seem to achieve the high shine so many say are possible with the french calf leather! Thoughts??? I tend to be very careful when applying conditioner or...
Quote: Originally Posted by Wrigglez love the mock crock, is it yearling with the stamp of mock crock? awesome though. love the round toes also Sorry but I'm not sure what leather they use. It is stamped. Anyone out there in the know? Out of the box I thought that they were a little too "glossy". They came with a 50 ml jar of neutral conditioner/polish. After a couple of polishes they now have a deeper, more subtle, shine. They look absolutely...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tidybeard On the subject of polishes, the saddle dressing is to be used on the rougher leathers (vesta, scout), such as on the yard boot, gammon and stockyard. The polish is for the yearling, veal and 'roo, and the conditioner (which is another product), can be used on either. Hope this helps. Nice collection amce. I did get up to six paris myself at one stage but now I'm down to four. Interestingly I recently picked up a...