or Connect

Posts by amce

Hope I don't get flamed for digressing from the main subject of this thread but Wraith, I'm a little confused. Maybe you, being closer to the source and if you have time, can help sort things out? Angie at Henry Baxter was noncommittal about size comparisons between HB and RMW. Secondly she called their top of line model the Henry Baxter, wholecut, one quarter lined. I sent a similar size request to Blue Heeler Boots in Qld. The replied that the Henry Baxter Classic...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sharpe Ok pretty sure i'll go for the Craftsman (or CC) in yearling..just to decide the colour now.. Also, pardon my ignorance, but what are HB classic boots? EDIT: Also, was going to buy the boots in the RM williams store... but i've noticed they're cheaper online. Are there any drawbacks to buying them online VS instore aside from waiting time? Not a question of ignorance. We all have to learn and all of us...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sharpe I guess I just see shiny shoes as being more formal and too dressy for casual wear. But perhaps i'm just wrong. Shiny is one thing, clean and unscuffed is something else. The choice is yours. Go for the RMW CC or maybe a HB Classic (I'm contemplating adding a pair of these to my collection) and you can do no wrong. Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by Sharpe Looking to buy a pair of RM williams boots. Want something more casual rather than to go with a suit. Tried on some craftsmans in-store. Felt like they were a little too formal looking with jeans. Wanted to try on turnouts but they didnt have them in stock in my size. Would turnouts look more casual? What other good options are there? The Craftsman is definitely the way to go. I wear them everyday. With...
Quote: Originally Posted by TheWraith Angie from Baxter is always prompt with her email replies, or at least I found her to be so. She'll have your sizing sorted out in no time, amce. And (just for you)...go the Pies!! Thanks. We'll see on Monday. Pies won. My Saturday afternoon: a bottle of Ozzie red, a jar of conditioner, three pairs of boots that need a work over and Le Tour de France with the climb to Mont Ventoux on the...
Quote: Originally Posted by mikevienna I'm not always 100% convinced with RM Williams stuff-last time I was in one of their stores I saw the "Made in China" label on many of their shirts-hopefully the boots are made there aswell? Then you're out of luck! RMW makes their boots in Salisbury, a few clicks north of Adelaide SA. Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by SpeedBird Since its Friday night here, you might not get a reply until monday morning or so, so you need to hold your breath until then. Already holding it, for the Pies! Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by TheWraith They are indeed wholecuts, amce, and yes, the seams are at the heel. You would probably be 9.5 in the HB Classic as well, but to make absolutely sure, you can email the lovely people at Baxter Boots direct and they'll help you out. That's what I did and they determined that 10.5 was the size for me...and they were right! Thanks for the info. Mail sent to Goulburn. Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by TheWraith Yep, Baxter sure are still around. Their Henry Baxter Classic boot is their top of the range, hand made in their Goulburn factory, and is the equivalent of a Williams Craftsman. You can buy them online at Blue Heeler Boots and Boots Australia. Wraith, I've been thinking of getting a pair of HB Classics, to add to my collection. They certainly look good in the pics on the websites. They are of course...
Quote: Originally Posted by TheWraith I think it'll be snowing in your neck of the woods for a long time to come, amce. Was thinking of when I return to God's own country in a few years time. Cheers