or Connect

Posts by amce

Quote: Originally Posted by Vox Populi Ok experts, is there any online retailer in the UK currently selling RMW shoe trees? The shop on New Bond Street doesn't sell them as they have been discontinued. I think that RMW's boot trees are/were made by the Rochester Boot Tree Company. They have a webshop: http://www.onecedarlane.com/detail.p...&catid=3&sort= From the picture here they look exactly like the RM trees I bought at the RM shop...
Quote: Originally Posted by TheWraith The beauty of the RMW Craftsman, for example, is that they go very well with jeans and suits alike. Perhaps others here may not wear them with such, but they're perfectly fine to do so. Times have changed, after all. +1 As I've mentioned before I wear my RMs to everything (well almost - pyjamas and bathers excluded). From faded Levis to board-room suits. The classic Craftsman, the Macquarie, the Blaxland....
Quote: Originally Posted by DECEMBER Also.. this thread's dyin.. can we get some WAYWT style pics please? Agree with you. It's getting somewhat repetitive. Most of all the questions posted here lately about combinations of sizes, soles, leathers, heels and so on are answered in the boot section of RMW's catalogue. Available for browsing or downloading on their website. Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by Tez Mulan ......along with a Macquarie black in French veal with brass screwed sole, which will be the sleekest boot ever made. Pics of this one will be appreciated by all of us, I'm sure. Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by Wrigglez He also mentioned that a RM.W bespoke service may be on the cards, some time soon, they just had to convince head management. They would have a scanner in stores and the foot scan would be sent off to have a bespoke last made. Only time will tell. This sounds fantastic. Can we find out anything more? One can wonder if anyone in management at RMW reads this forum. Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by ville_e Are RM Williams available in Finland & Sweden? Sure are! Actually the distributor of RM's for Europe, excluding the UK, is a Swedish company: http://www.bootskompaniet.se/ Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by Wrigglez gemming is the way in which the sole is attached to the upper. insted of cutting a channel through the insole and stitching the welt (thin strip of leather that stiches the upper the the sole) on through the insole the the upper, they glue a strip of canvas to the insole and use that insted of stitching through the insole. thus the boots shape and its sole are attached and held inplace by a thin strip of canvas glued...
Quote: Originally Posted by skeen7908 I recently bought a pair of RMs and I must say they are fantastic. I didnt like the feel (or the look) of the craftsman toebox, so I ended up getting a pair of standard 8G Turnouts, and these fit like a glove. Now I want to order a pair of the forum specials. My question is this: given the 8G turnouts fit so perfectly, what size in the FS would be best? I couldn't find this dealt with anywhere in the thread...
Quote: Originally Posted by Presto87 Ok, so forgive my ignorance (even after 2-3 years of lurking SF) ... but where are these 'codes' coming from? "B555, B529, T"?! Download RMW's catalogue from their website and immerse yourself in the boot section. There you'll find all the leathers, colours, toe-shapes/lasts, heels and so on. Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by Presto87 And I'd also like to know what features I should consider for the above purposes (Weddings etc. - i.e. never with jeans) ... currently thinking Macquarie > Black > French Veal Calf (love this leather) > Flat heel > Welt or Screwed?! Have been thinking about the following: Macquarie (B555) black French Veal, screwed sole and the flat, slightly tapered heel that is featured on the women's Durack and...