or Connect

Posts by amce

Quote: Originally Posted by sygyzy Hi guys, I am in Melbourne til the middle of April. Would it be cheaper to purchase the boots here? I read the first post but it's really old now and I assume the forum special and deals the OP put together are no longer valid. [I am from the US] Visit Bootsonline's brick and mortar place: Boots Online - The Stitching Horse Bootery Shop TG/6, COMO Centre, 299 Toorak Rd South Yarra You have...
Quote: Originally Posted by makewayhomer psa: do NOT order the CC if you live anywhere near ice or snow. after 1 year my soles have become totally smooth and are horrible on ice RM's are of course designed for typical Australian climatic conditions. They work just fine in that environment. I wear them all year round here in Sweden except when the winters are like they are this season with lots (I mean LOTS!) of snow - compacted and slippery....
Quote: Originally Posted by alladin Hi, Has anyone ordered from Barry at bootonline? I know he ships worldwide but wanted to inquire if buyers have escaped paying import duty? Would be interested in knowing, especially from UK members. Check your PM Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by Jim Profit Would like to know where to get these. I think there are a couple of Craftsman MTO. What do you think they cost? My local RMW dealer says he can´t get them, but it can´t be right, can it? Looks like true-blue, dinky-die, ridgy-didge croc. Can of course be ordered but I wouldn't dare speculate on the price. Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by TheWraith I have all the respect I want and need. From those that know what they're talking about, Baxter Boots have been around a lot longer than RMW and are a very respected firm producing a very respected product. People that know about boots/footwear know this. Both companies produce very fine products. +1 Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by upnorth I am contemplating either a pair of C&J Chelsea in Chestnut or RM Williams Craftsman. Since C&J ships for free, the overall cost is only about $30 more than a pair of RM Williams Craftsman, considering also that the pound has fallen vis a vis the Aussie dollar. Is the leather and construction for Bench grade C&J boots better than RM Williams and worth the (very small) premium in price? My 2¢: AFAIK the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tez Mulan I was wearing the French veal Macquaries today.., and it was almost distracting me that they made my feet look smaller. Funny.. I never thought that with the normal Macquaries Nice pics, Tez. Love those screwed sole Macquaries. A pair of those have just been placed at the top of my wish list. About the smallness. I had the same experience with my MTO French veal Craftsman with the screwed sole. Even...
Quote: Originally Posted by derschas This monday I passed two metal detectors in Europe (Stockholm/Arlanda and Amsterdam/Schiphol) with my boots on. None of them was set off. Don't really know how significant that observation is, as you often have to remove your footwear anyways. I got stopped at Stockholm/Arlanda last week! Had my Blaxlands on. They must be bad, bad boys! Cheers
Quote: Originally Posted by DECEMBER Also, can someone comment on my post above about the un-evenness of the protruding sole edges? Thanks! I had this on a pair of CC's. On the left hand side of one toe the sole stuck out just like in the pic above. Really p'ed me off when I looked down on it. One day when I was in the big city I happened to walk past a cobbler who also was a retailer of RM's and Crockett and Jones. Went in, showed him the...
Thanks Dingo for an informative and insightful post. Can't agree with you more about sizing. I was first fitted by RMW back home and am now able to order over the 'net with confidence. I know my size! Five pairs of my RM's have been purchased on-line. Getting fitted is of course an issue if you don't have reasonable access to a RMW shop or a reputable retailer. Maybe the foot measuring guide in the catalogue could be of some assistance. Interesting info about Waproo...