or Connect

Posts by cearain

For dress shoes: I suppose, if you could only have *one* color shoe to go with everything, burgundy would be it. But I think if you have a pair of black shoes you are better off picking brown for a second color. For casual: I think its brown. I'm not familiar with many casual burgundy shoes. The burgundy shoes I have in mind really wouldn't go with any casual pants. But I'm sure someone can prove me wrong.
I picked the 90s because that is when corporate casual became entrenched in the US. You can, of course, pick funnier looking clothes from earlier decades because after 1995 there are no attempts at looking great. Its only when you attempt to look really great that you can go terribly wrong. (and yes there was allot that went terribly wrong in the 70s and 80s.) Now we have mediocrity spread everywhere. IMO fashion in general took a much larger hit in the 90s. It...
Quote: Originally Posted by spectre Why do people come in halfway through threads? As I thought I made clear earlier, I don't wear "fancy" clothes. They're very conservative. Same with hairspray (you're kidding aren't you?) - I said before I don't even use a comb just run my fingers through it after shampooing it. I came in halfway because I don't read every thread here as soon as it pops up. As far as the fancy clothes and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuuma I'm a man, I don't need my "being a man" costume. I leave that to pussies. Its a free country. You can wear whatever sorts of costumes you like. However I think you know we aren't talking about costumes here. We are talking about clothes. If you want to wear feminine clothes, that's your business. I don't mean to pry into anyone's personal life. Other men might want to wear clothes that look like...
I think mkarim and I were responding to the original poster. From reading the op I didn't get the sense he wanted any of the things you suggested.
I'm not sure I understand the op but I think I do. Here are a couple of things that might help: 1) Don't use a tie clip to keep your tie clipped exactly in place to your shirt. 2) Don't constantly button the appropriate buttons on your suit coat every time you stand up. I pretty much never do that. (but don't do the reverse - Don't sit down with your suit coat buttoned - if the suit is tight you could lose a button and someone else could lose an eye.) 3)Tie...
Well Americans are not very fashionable as a whole so why would we expect an American shoe maker to have many fashionable shoes. Americans like comfy, comfy clothes, comfy shoes and most of all comfy foods. Thanks to corporate casual which has swept through the country Allen Edmonds is going to find more market share with shoes that can go with Khakis as opposed to suits. So few Americans wear suits it's hardly surprising that Americans do not have a trained eye for...
Thanks for the yoox resource! I thought I may have to go back to Rome for them. BTW as far as caring for the shoes never use any sort of saddle soap or other soap on them. I ruined a pair that way. Moreover as with all leather you do have to watch out for salt. Antirabbit what do you use for the shoes? I use meltonians for the brown shoes and just any black kiwi for the blacks.
Thank you all for your responses. I will check with a local tailor and look at some different materials. Apropos the shirts I wear now, because they seem to have the thickest material, is an enro (not euro) 2 ply. The tag says "80s 2 ply non-iron pinpoint." But yes I see your point about the 2x1 or 2x2. I don't know if they are 2x2 or just 2x1. It seems that when I find more expensive shirts they are often thinner and I can tell they will be see through after...
Hello Short post: What are some thick fabrics for white dress shirts? Long post: I usually have to wear a suit to work. I do not like to wear an undershirt because my undershirt always ends up getting untucked/bunched up above the waist and makes it look like I have a roll under my dress shirt. (I have no idea why my shirts refuse to stay tucked in but they don't stay put) However I have dark hair on my chest and often with thinner dress shirts (especially...