or Connect

Posts by Endeavour

I have a couple of Barba shirts from STF and i find the collars fairly tame. A little higher and more substantial than brooks and jpress and some of the more pedestrian ralph lauren shirts, but shorter than my bespoke shirts and shorter than the two collars you posted. I wouldn't worry about it, they're a fairly classic look. My only complaint about the shirts is that the collars have a touch less tie space that i like generally, but thats probably only because I'm a bit...
Just an fyi for anyone looking for better pictures than the shitty ones on most c&j websites, I've always used C&J swedens page for comparing colours. http://www.crockettandjones.se/herrskor.html
Does anyone have experience with alan flusser's mtm line? I've come across a number of people talking about it but few people who have actually given it a go. Basically, I'm looking for a well-made trimmish, drape-inspired cut jacket from somewhere with a good selection of english fabrics - lessers, harrisons, smiths, minnis and the like. Budget is up to about 2000. I'm based in montreal but am not really happy with anything available locally, and i get to New York...
The plateau sounds exactly what youre looking for. Theres a bunch of places on st. laurent, st. denis, duluth, and mount royal. Its a fairly hip crowd, and a mix of bars, smallish nightclubs with music and cafes. You really can't go wrong with any of them. The places on crescent are more hit or miss, although theres the odd gem like the franco-russian restaurant troika.
I've wondered the same thing. I remember reading somewhere that george hamilton has a db navy mohair blend suit that has changable buttons so it can serve as a dinner jacket, blazer, or suit. Its an interesting concept.
Quote: Originally Posted by theEnd Related question: At around $1500 bucks a pop (and no sign of any sales/discounts), is one of the 'made in England' Burburry trenches (made out of raglan/garbadine) worth it? I tried one on last weekend and it is clearly a cut above any other trench I have seen (JCrew, BB, RL, even a Brioni). Just looking for some confidence to make the purchase. I have one of the older 'Burberry's" labeled coats and...
Quote: Originally Posted by Wes Bourne Yup, I get Saphir waxes and creams directly from the cobbler who installs those flush mounted taps I've shown in a few pics. He happens to be the local Saphir distributor and the guy l'Uomo and other boutiques send their shoe repairs to. Would you mind sharing who/where this is? Ive heard mention of him but havent come across where he's located.
I find that whether or not duty gets imposed depends a lot on which shipping method is used. Almost everything I've had send postal (USPS, RoyalMail, etc.) has come through with nothing oweing, even though the declaration is filled out correctly. On the other hand, I've had a number of items come FedEx or UPS that have overcharged me on duty (charging duty on items made in canada and the us mainly) and sometimes have rediculous duty processing fees. I've worked in...
In my experience, all wool and cashmere sweaters shrink up after washing. Of course, being knits, they will stretch back out over time, but still, its immediately noticeable. I actually notice it more with my scottish and italian sweaters than the cheap stuff. And yes, I hand wash in cold water and dry laid flat on a mesh rack. I would avoid hang drying, years ago my mother completely distorted one of her cashmere sweaters hang drying it.
I'm quite slim and have had good luck with certain models of the brooks brothers sweaters. They seem to shrink up quite a bit during their first washing, and the quality is miles ahead of most of the cheap brands. I'm 5'8 and 130 pounds and after being washed i wouldn't say they add much bulk to my frame at all. I would try a couple other styles from them, some are quite a bit slimmer than others. Also, their saxxon wool is a very nice merino-ish fabric that i think i...