or Connect

Posts by NYJ

I just wanted to post a follow-up on the jacket I sent back to Jason for adjustments. Basically, I received the jacket back today and, true to his word, Jason sorted out all the issues; shoulders are dead-on and no rippling on the back anymore. Only downside was the waist suppression was lost a bit due to, I'm assuming, the back adjustment. I'm going to take it by my tailor here to have him shape it up and then it should be good to go. Overall, satisfied with my...
I just heard back from Jason (he was away for the holiday). He was extremely nice about the whole thing. At his request, I am going to send him the jacket so he can investigate whether it was a construction issue or if the shoulders were just cut too wide. Worst case scenario, he said he would have a new jacket made if it comes to that. To address some of the comments above, I have a similar build/height to Jason. I think once it's all sorted, the TaT cut will actually...
Quote: Originally Posted by constant struggle really chalk up the mistake and adjust your measurement on the 2nd order Does it make a difference that Jason measured me himself? Would it make sense to just get the jacket re-made because the pants are fine?
I've just gotten the jacket back from being pressed. Up until this point I was really trying to be optimistic, but I've accepted that you are all right and the shoulders are simply too big. I'm trying to estimate how much, and it seems like it goes out about 1/2 - 3/4" too far on each side. Does that sound right? What recourse does I have? Is it even worth taking it to a tailor? I was always told they can change everything EXCEPT the shoulder. It's a real shame...
I got the 2.75 lapels. That's what Jason recommended. The shoulders don't feel that off to me, but there may be a little room. I explained to Jason that my size varies depending on how regularly I'm working out. I go back and forth between a 40 and 42. I'll try to get the width more dead-on next time. I've decided after reading other threads that I'm going to get the suit pressed before I make any changes at the tailor. That Paul Smith shirt I had on was probably not...
After trying the suit on and walking around a bit, I have to say that overall I'm VERY pleased with the results. The fit issues the I see/feel are: -Too tight across the middle back. -Pants are very slightly too long in the front and too short in the back. -Sleeves may be a bit short (which worries me a bit because they having working buttonholes). I think my tailor could sort those things out. Please let me know what you all think because I will probably go...
I received my first TaT suit today! Exactly 4 weeks to the day from when I ordered. It's a dark brown 2B conservative cut. Will post pics as soon as I can.
I like the one they have at the Rag & Bone store right now. I believe it's $245.
Quote: Originally Posted by laxnate . Anyone know how tall Maxwell is? I've been thinking about giving the whole wide lapel and/or DB thing a go but worried that at 5'7" 135lbs both will look off, together or separate. I met him at an event once a long time ago. If I remember correctly, he's probably between 5 ft. 10 and 6 ft. Taller than me and I'm 5'9".
Most sneakers at the 59th St. location were 25% off plus the extra 20% for Friends and Family. Got a pair of Y-3 Honjas for $156. Regular $260. Not bad. They had several models of Y-3, Varvatos Converse and Common Projects all for 25% off. Also, got 20% off a pair of APC NS jeans and a Prorsum T-Shirt. May go back for seconds tomorrow. The Men's department at this location has a much better selection of brands since the renovation.