or Connect

Posts by rdstour

HI Folks, After some endless searching through the internet and various forums, I still haven't really found much helpful advice when it comes to fixing a trench coat after it has lost its water repellency, or stains on fabric, buttons/buckles etc. I know Burberry provides repair services for their trenches, but for those of us with other brands, what options do we have? Specifically--I'd like to know how I could reproof my jacket or where to find replacement...
Quick tailoring question: I have a pair of classic fit dress chinos that I tried having slimmed at the tailor as the rise was high enough, but the leg was too full. Nothing to severe, but was trying to reshape the lower thigh/knee/opening a bit. Unfortunately, these pants came with a "Permanent Crease"(don't think it's the silicon variety); the tailor only took in material from the inner seam, and thus the crease is off-center (as it goes down the length of the...
My bad about the all text. Here are some pictures:
In case anyone was interested in the GMTO, I recently received my Black Pebble Grain Shortwing Bluchers Luckily the Rui last fits my flat/collapsed arch foot quite well (fingers crossed), but I am not sure that my feet would do well with a narrower last. Quality of the leather is quite good, but I have a few quibbles with the finishing (echoes what I have read on this forum before). General observations are below. In particular: -Leather is nice and thick. Quality and...
Hi all, Selling my pair of lightly worn Johnston and Murphy Crown Aristocraft Conley II Wingtip in 9D. In case you are unfamiliar, the Crown Aristocraft is J&Ms Highest quality line: Made in the USA Premium Full-grain leather Cork footbed Very light spade sole Wheeling on the sole Normally retails for $365 new Asking for $140 USD Shipped CONUS OBO
Hi all, Selling a NWT RARE Polo Ralph Lauren Custom Fit Mesh Polo. Not sure if this is from the capsule collection a few years back, but I haven't seen a custom fit mesh polo made in the USA ever. Color is white. Size is Medium Again--Made in the USA Fabric feels substantial, a bit different from my usual Polo shirts (but I could be off about this) Approximate Measurements: Chest: 21" Length:27.75" Tagged at $85.00--I am letting go at $80.00 SHIPPED CONUS (Given how...
Selling BNWT Kent Wang Mid-grey wool trousers in a size 32. Perfect weight and color, in a very modern, slim fit Per Kent Wang's site: Medium weight wool. Slim fit. Split curtained waistband. Three-point closure. Horn buttons. Flat front. Zip fly. 31" Hem Measurements (From Kent Wang site): Waist--32 Front Rise--10 Back Rise--14 Thigh--12 Knee --8.5 Cuff--7 Retails for $145 (http://www.kentwang.com/trousers-wool-mid-grey.html) Asking for $100 Shipped CONUS OBO
Selling BNWT Kent Wang Mid-grey wool trousers in a size 32. Perfect weight and color, in a very modern, slim fit Per Kent Wang's site: Medium weight wool. Slim fit. Split curtained waistband. Three-point closure. Horn buttons. Flat front. Zip fly. 31" Hem Measurements (From Kent Wang site): Waist--32 Front Rise--10 Back Rise--14 Thigh--12 Knee --8.5 Cuff--7 Retails for $145 (http://www.kentwang.com/trousers-wool-mid-grey.html) Asking for $100 Shipped CONUS OBO
Any reason in particular why it wouldn't be possible/ why it wouldn't look good?
Hi All, Figured I start this thread as a good resource for people who have/ are considering a cheaper way to buy some coveted string loafers (as currently, all I really see are a handful from Meermin and Santoni). I was wondering if anyone has tried replacing the strapping/tassels on their loafer, and created a tie loafer instead? The model I'm using (J&M Aristocraft Deerfield) has very thin strapping, so I'm unsure if l similar dimension strapping would hold up well in...