or Connect

Posts by hapyhar0ld

Where do you draw the line when wearing as suit? 1. Cufflinks 2. Tie bar 3. Pocket square 4. Wedding ring 5. Watch 6. Glasses 7. All of the above? I feel like I may have too much going on! Tie bar, but no cufflinks. Tie bar, but no pocket square. What do you guys think? BTW. I've never worn all of it before. Just curious to where you think the line should be.
Quote: Originally Posted by Lord-Barrington Trousers are too long and a bit too baggy for my taste, but that's probably more personal. Get them shortened by maybe an inch, change the tie, replace the wedding photo over the fireplace with some original art and you're READY TO GO, BOY! Sad days. I like the ties and the wedding photos aren't my call...
Quote: Originally Posted by bellyhungry Get a pair a longwing/brogue with some heft to them to balance out your heavy mid-section. Excuse my ignorance, but what is a pair of longwing/brogue. Like shoes? Quote: Originally Posted by teddieriley Shoulders look too narrow and upper arms too slim. On which suit?
Thank you very much for the input guys. It's good to know that all that I've learned from you has paid off and the suit fits well. It look like what's causing my "unhappiness" in my outfit isn't the suit, but my weight gain. Looks like I'll hit the gym. Any further input is welcomed. Thank you again.
Quote: Originally Posted by bringusingoodale It doesn't look that bad. The button stance seems a bit high for what appears like a 2 button though. Edit: is that a 3 button jacket? Then I think that is contributing to you looking stockier than you already are. The shot from the back makes your shoulders look way different than the front shot; look like shoulders are a bit big or its just that they slope like that. At 5'9 you could easily shed some...
Please critique the fit on my suits. I've been to several tailors and stared at myself for a while trying to figure out why it doesn't look right. Do I need a bigger suit? Do I just need to get on the treadmill (I am a bigger guy. 5'9" 200lb)? Please advise. Also. Does the blue shirt and purple tie look better with the navy suit or the gray one? Thanks guys. Sorry about the pictures. Unfortunately, it's the best I could do. The first three pictures are a BB...
Thank you so much for the suggestions. Is there any way to make that shirt work with the pin stripe suit without going pattern overboard?
Thanks for the reply. What patterns for the tie? My apologies for the wrong section. It must have been pretty late when I posted this. How do I get this thread moved?
Long story short I have the suits and the shirt, but can't find a tie that makes me happy. Since this board is full of men with good taste I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction (since I'm not capable of putting something so simple together). I have two suits. A BB gray two button and a HSM navy pinstripe three button. Here is the shirt. What tie?! I didn't post the picture of the gray suit, just because it's nothing special and I'm sure...
Thank you for all the advice. I went through this list with my wife and got A LOT of good ideas and made some reservations. One last thing. Where do you guys hang out on a Friday or Saturday night? Nothing too crazy, but maybe a nice bar where we could chill, have a drink and maybe hit the dance floor.