or Connect

Posts by dddx

I am getting a single breasted 2 button navy blazer made. How many buttons should there be on the sleeves? I am intending to use gold buttons. I suppose 3 or 4 is always good, but which is the norm and more widely accepted?
Is it appropriate to wear a round neck sweater over a dress shirt with a neck tie on? I know you would usually do this with a v-neck so that it shows enough of the tie. But, does the roundness of the round neck collar cause any difficulties with the look? Especially if I use a four-in-hand, which is a smaller knot?
Quote: Originally Posted by apropos Judging by the surfeit of 4/10 women & short ugly men in the background (all with glum faces), I would hazard a guess that he is in Singapore - I don't think that is a convenient option for him at present, or that he really has much options for peacoats in the first place. Spot on. I guess I should abandon the search for a pea coat then.
Quote: Originally Posted by trader they look like womens coats on you Quote: Originally Posted by Jesse +1 Looks odd on you. Oh really? Crap. So I should skip both of them? I always have problems finding clothes that fit off the rack because of my long arms and body.
Hello gentlemen, I went down to my local Uniqlo store today and tried on their wool peacoats. I need some advice on how they fit. I know the sleeves are short, but I think I can get about a half-inch more out of them by sending them to a tailor. I don't know, somehow, I feel the large is not fitted enough, and is a bit long in the body and a bit skirty. But, is the medium too short in the body? Which is preferable? I suppose I should get the large and then go to a...
Hello gentlemen, I went down to my local Uniqlo store today and tried on their wool peacoats. I need some advice on how they fit. I know the sleeves are short, but I think I can get about a half-inch more out of them by sending them to a tailor. I don't know, somehow, I feel the large is not fitted enough, and is a bit long in the body and a bit skirty. But, is the medium too short in the body? Which is preferable? I suppose I should get the large and then go to a...
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll take note the next time I go to my tailor and make more shirts. In the meantime, I'll launder the shirts to see if I get any shrinkage on them.
Hi all, how does my new shirt here fit? Any comments would be much appreciated! Cheers!
Thanks for the reply guys. You see, I do have another custom made shirt which is cut such that it pulls at the button just below the belt. Meaning at the waist, everything is flush to the skin. The chest of course is not as exaggerated. I did not feel that that is restrictive or uncomfortable, so having this and my new shirts with excess at the belt, I was just wondering if which is the, if there is such a thing, standard.
I know the issue of shirt tucking has been discussed several times. But I just want to ask whether you think a shirt should be so fitted at the waistband area such that it is flush with the body and when tucked into pants, is completely clean, or should it have a little excess fabric such that some sort of a military tuck or fold is needed? My custom shirt I just made recently seems to fall into the second category, was this a mistake, or is it standard to have a...