or Connect

Posts by WestOfPCH

Just checked the Zegna website, and there is the following description of "Heritage" fabric: Heritage The inspiration behind this fabric was a number of 1930s textile patterns in the Zegna archives and personal wardrobe of the founder Ermenegildo Zegna. They were revisited in a contemporary key, in line with current ideas on fabric weights and comfort. The Heritage family of fabrics available in worsted and woolen version, made of pure Australian Superfine wool, is a...
Thanks for the very detailed and useful info. I travel to NY once every few months, so I will check out Eredi Pisano the next time I am in town.
A couple of years ago, I was in NY but my luggage was delayed, and because of it, I needed to buy a classic white dress shirt. An Investment Banker friend pointed me towards The Shirt Store near Grand Central Station. I ended up buying one, and have since bought a few more, all around $50-$70. It seemed a good deal given the construction & quality (sewn on front plackets, Egyptian 2-ply cotton, reinforced gussets, etc.). Certainly a better deal than, say, a Thomas Pink...
Quote: Originally Posted by Avers Stay away. Thay are Chinese-made shoes, cheap construction, I would not buy them... I disagree. While no one should (or would) every try to pass them off for AE, they are well constructed for the price. Bought a pair at Nordstrom's half-yearly a few months ago, and they are Italian made, leather soles, and quite comfortable. Considering the price I paid ($130), a good buy. The other GR's I shopped were...
I know a gentleman in his 50's-60's . . . about 5'-6", Southern Italian decent, California bred, lived everywhere, very cosmopolitain. . . . Dresses great by anyone's estimation, with the one quirk that he always wears button down collars and french cuffs. In fact, he always has custom ordered all of his shirts because he can't actually find them that way anywhere. No one, including himself, has known anyone else who would even contemplate wearing such a combo,...
Thanks for the thoughts. My two Zegna suits are Roma models. If I get another Zegna suit MTM, I was planning on stepping up to the Couture models. How would you compare that to Isaia, both in fit and cost? I've only shopped Brioni sparingly, but it seemed that an OTR Brioni costs the same as a MTM Zegna Couture. And where do you find Isaia or Oxxford in SoCal?
Quote: Originally Posted by chorse123 Thoughts? Left outfit: I like it. I might even wear it, but it would look better on some of the guys from our ad agency. Right outfit: I really don't like athletic shoes with sports coats. Lose the shoes and it improves it a lot. First outfit looks like "I have a creative job that lets me wear jeans, but I care about looking like I care about how I look." Second outfit says "I'm a recently...
Sorry guys, but when has dressing casually and "dressing well" been mutually exclusive? I know people who pull off business casual in a stylish way (with or without a sports coat) , and others who regularly wear suits who think they look good who clearly don't. In general, I think it's easier to look bad in "corporate casual" than in a "business dress" environment, as evidenced by the preponderance of people wearing wrinkled khakis and a too-tight golf shirts. But...
Gentlemen (and any ladies out there too): Even though this isn't actually my first post, I thought I'd introduce myself. I live blocks from the beach in Southern California, and work in Strategic Planning for a major corporation's US headquarters. Dress code at work changed in 1999 from suit & tie to what I would call "West Coast business casual:" basically, wear some sort of collared shirt and don't wear jeans and/or sandles, and pretty much everything else goes. ...
Quote: Originally Posted by AlanC Where on the interior pocket tag is this designated? I'm curious about a suit I have now. Just checked the MTM sport coat I have . . . find the box labeled "Tessuto, Fabric, etc." and in that area should be the description of the fabric (e.g. "100% wool" or "80% wool, 20% silk"). Immediately above that description but still in the same box is a code # (e.g. 03F019), and next to that code number is a letter...