or Connect

Posts by WestOfPCH

I had an unfortunate incident (fell down the stairs) which caused a 1 in x 1 in L-shaped tear/gash on the sleeve of one of my suits, between the elbow and the sleeve buttons (but closer to the elbow). My Zegna guy recommended that I get it re-weaved, and offered the name of a place here in L.A. that they recommend. I'm sure that he's good if he's recommended by Zegna, but he's clear across town and he won't give me an estimate without looking at it first. Does...
Z Zegna are very good quality for fused jackets, which is a contradiction for most on this board. You could spend more on lesser quality stuff with a fancier name, and you could definitely/easily spend less . . .
Quote: Originally Posted by DandySF Well that explains it. I was at the Wynn from Dec 3-5. Yes, just got back from there myself (Dec 8-10). There is a big rodeo championship every year in early December. As for what to wear, it's tough to wear anything and not fit in. 1) If your plan is mainly to gamble, then wear whatever you want (dressed up or dressed down, it doesn't really matter). Since it is winter, the preponderance of...
Quote: Originally Posted by trajan Do you think people are buying Mercedes-Benz because of the quality? Anyway, when I think of Mercedes-Benz I think of two things: horrible dictators from Africa and east european gypsies wearing way way too much gold. --trajan I think people buy Mercedes-Benz because it gives them a warm-fuzzy feeling inside knowing there is a 3-pointed star on the hood of their car. That becomes more true with lesser...
Interesting thoughts. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, of course, and I certainly don't own a closet of Isaia, Attolini, or other comparably priced suits with which to compare my Zegna suits. That said, getting back to the original question of this thread: Is Zegna too commercial? I guess it really depends on what you infer from the question . . . "too commercial so that their quality isn't good enough" or perhaps "too commercial so that they are not as...
I like #1 because at least it looks different; I can see how it makes sense under sweaters. #2 looks like you don't know any better. In either case, the backside of the cufflink rubbing up against your wrist from time to time is uncomfortable, especially is you've got a sweater cuff trying to compress the shirt. So I'm going to pass on #1 also, more for practical reasons than esthetic ones.
I'm a Zegna fan, I'm an iPod owner/fan (have two, actually), and I still wouldn't buy this jacket. Interesting concept, though not for me.
I think the regular suits are good, the Couture stuff is great. I've only ever bought MTM, and I've always had the suits (even the Roma models) cut a bit differently than their RTW suits. I think their fabrics are really nice (after all, they are a mill first, a maker of suits second, and a fashion label third). The 15 mil mil 15 suits of mine have a beautiful hand, and I am a huge fan of the micronsphere suits. I know of no other hi-level suit maker with a...
It seems those objecting are inferring that the alleged lawyer is the guy and the woman the, well, whatever . . . but isn't that just perpetuating the stereotype they are purporting to be puerile??!!!!! I like to think that the woman is the JD
One more thing about the Zegna.com website: If you go to their catwalk pictures (in the "Sartorial & Couture" section), there is a picture of a "Two-button cardigan suit in blue Heritage fabric with purple pinstripe." Cardigan suits are more Neopolitan style (very light padding in the shoulders, etc), so perhaps this is what you saw. That said, the waist doesn't look very supressed to me. (I tried putting a link to it here, but the whole website is in Flash, so it...