or Connect

Posts by rossyl

Hi All, I was just thinking about the link between dressing well and watching ones weight. A search of the word "weight" on the forum does not bring up many Threads on this topic. This surprised me as I would have thought that for people who place an importance on "looking good" that watching ones weight would be part of it. Or, am i mistaken. I am certainly not saying that in order to dress well one needs an adonis figure. Have I opened a can of worms? Just keen to...
Hi Everyone Now that The Shoe Snob (J.Fitzpatrick) has embarked full time on his new shoe line, I wondered if there was anyone in London up to his standards for providing a shoe polishing service? Would appreciate any recommendations. While I could have a go myself, and I have done, it really is no where near the same level. Cheers R
hi just wondering what belt would go well with the following Navy linen smart flat front chinos white shirt Camel jacket Blue canvas Sperry boat shoes ...and also quite likely a Panama hat. I had thought blue and white, but not sure. Orange I'm not sure would go with the Jacket. Thanks R
anyone?
Hi I have a brand new detachable stiff collar to be worn with a tie. The trouble is that the tie will not move within the collar so I cannot tighten the tie. The silk of the tie and cotton of the collar appear to just lock and get stuck. I've heard talcum powder on the collar could help, but that could be very messy. any advice? Thanks R
Hi, I'm wearing a top hat, morning coat (black), striped grey trousers with braces, a light blue shirt with white collar and cuffs, and ... a dove grey double breasted waistcoat. I'm hoping for some thoughts on Waistcoat I'm having made a dove grey double breasted waistcoat. I can have a shawl or a peaked lapel. The tailor prefers peaked lapels, but has said i can have what I want. This is a suit that I intend to last, and I was wondering what might be best to go for...
Hi, I'm wearing a top hat, morning coat (black), striped grey trousers with braces, a light blue shirt with white collar and cuffs, and ... a dove grey double breasted waistcoat. I'm hoping for some thoughts on Waistcoat I'm having made a dove grey double breasted waistcoat. I can have a shawl or a peaked lapel. The tailor prefers peaked lapels, but has said i can have what I want. This is a suit that I intend to last, and I was wondering what might be best to go for...
Not sure that you are basing that on. SuitSupply you can get a whole morning suit for £300, Hackett the morning coat alone costs £750. Which is what I would expect, I've never known the two to be in the same price bracket.As for the £2.5k comment, it would be more relevant if I was spending £1.5k, I realize the limitations of my budget.Any other thoughts?
Thanks - given the "arbitrary" comment, does anyone have opinions based in experience? Much appreciated R