or Connect

Posts by ComboOrgan

Quote: Originally Posted by NorCal Whatever. Maybe if the markup on textbooks was not fucking immoral people would not have to. The textbook industry is one of the biggest scams in this country. It's also motivation for the market to adapt. If I could say pay for a two or three day license to access an Ecopy of this title I gladly would. That would actually make the copyright holder a few bucks more than the other options which are me downloading it,...
I don't understand some people's hostility toward vegetarians. It's as if their way of life is being threatened. Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter I made a kickass veg meal last week for some guests. plaintain soup, with a little smoked cheese to replace the ham paneer dumplins in a cashew and safron sauce corn curry (bhutta masala) dhal mahkni baked pumkin rice people really loved it. if you take out the paneer dumplings (which were a huge...
I'm lactose intolerant too. Here are a few tips I have picked up over the years: 1. Cracker Barrel cheeses have no lactose (it says so in the fine print on back). This information made my life considerably better. Sometimes other cheeses are also surprisingly lactose free. Learn to check the backs of packages. 2. Lactaid milk tastes just like real milk, because it is real milk - jsut with an enzyme added to dissolve the lactose. The dissolution produces a little sugar,...
I support the Twins because their AAA team is in my hometown. I've never been anywhere near Minnesota. I think that's acceptable reasoning
Quote: Originally Posted by diacritic @comboorgan: know any good tailors in Buffalo? I live here too. Unfortunately, I haven't found a tailor I really like in Buffalo yet (and I have tried a bunch). I'd say Riverside Men's Shop in Amherst (Northtown plaze on Sheridan - pretty close to UB) does pretty good work. They send their work out to a tailorshop down the road, but I think it's a good place to go because the salesmen there will do a...
Quote: Originally Posted by skyman Protons have no mass? isn't their mass +1? It can be, depending on what units you are using.
Quote: Originally Posted by Rölfi don't worry, protons have a mass: 1,672 621 637(83) · 10^(−27) kg afaik if you get closer to light speed your mass increases, so if you hit light speed you have an infinite mass. but i can't argue the points in the article posted by the OP, it just seems like a bunch of bullshit to me I think he meant to say "photons" not "protons". Photons are massless, and travel at the speed of light because...
Quote: Originally Posted by acecow I do recommend getting these shoes if you prefer a more casual style: http://www.6pm.com/ryan-rowe-crofton...presso-leather You could wear them anywhere you like. It's not something people on this forum would wear with a suit or a jacket, but in the real world they would be quite alright. I have a pair and I wear them with jeans all the time and get a lot of compliments. Really nice quality comfortable shoes for a...
Quote: Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto Grades are overrated. Dedication and will is more important then grades. Dedication and will are most of what grades measure
go back to school and study something useful, like your father told you to do in the first place