or Connect

Posts by ComboOrgan

SUSPENDERS! I have a good friend who had an ileostomy who uses them all the time. It's funny because he used to make fun of my suspenders, but after he had the operation he tried a pair of mine out, and now he's a convert. If you aren't wearing a jacket and you don't want the suspenders to show, wear a tucked-in undershit, wear the suspenders over the undershirt, and wear an untucked shirt on top of that.
http://www.chow.com
Most of the interesting bars are in the Allentown area. For a cool neighborhood pub, try Founding Fathers in Allentown. If you're a beer fan, try Cole's on Elmwood. Hardware, in Allentown, is a cool bar with a decent beer slection, and a non-obnoxious hipster crowd. I you want to hook up with trashy hipster chicks, go to Pink in Allentown around 3:00 AM. If you're looking to date-rape sorority chicks and get in fights with meatheads, any of the bars on Chippewa Street...
Quote: Originally Posted by Valor Um, find a job first then quit. And you should give 2 weeks notice, during which time you can dick around and put in near 0 effort and then use your vacation/sick days if you have them. yes, do this. You're going to have to put the job on future resumes to explain what you were doing those two years. If they think badly of you, then every time you apply for a job you will be an anxious mess, worrying about...
Quote: Originally Posted by scarphe than what are lay people? i assumed it meant people that have decent education, but may not have specialized knowledgge of a certain field. the lectures were essetianlly designed for that sort of group, university students fresh out of secondary school. i am not physicist, but i use the lectures as my physics reference whenever i feel i am forgeting soemthing. I have not had any problem understanding most of...
Quote: Originally Posted by scarphe Feynman´s lectures on physics I can't really see this as a book for laypeople. I'd say it's somewhere between a textbook and a pop book. I enjoy the lectures, but I'm a physicist. I agree that Surely You're Joking Mr. Feynman is an excellent book. Not really about science, but since it's the musings of a scientist, there is a lot of science woven in. Right now I'm reading Physics for Future Presidents...
Despite informed advice against it, I found a custom tailor who would do the alteration. I got the suit very cheap, and I couldn't see myself wearing it as it was, so I figured it was worth a shot. . I brought in a BB blazer with quarters I liked, and asked the tailor to mimic it. I'm pretty happy with the results. Here's a pic, in case anyone considers this alteration in the future.
Quote: Originally Posted by otc Maybe textbooks are some special good since the market is pretty small (the only people buying OR pirating them are probably taking a class and *need* the book) but the tiny cost isn't really any different from other mediums...its not like CDs or DVDs are expensive to press. With most things that are pirated though, there is a significant difference--most pirates would probably never be your customers, they are just...
The cut of this 3-button suit looks off to me. I'm thinking opening up the quarters would help - what do you think? Is that an easy alteration to make? I don't have access to any really good tailors - just alterations guys. I apologize for the blurriness. I hope you can still see what's happening
Quote: Originally Posted by otc Piracy is copyright infringement, not theft. Why can't people get this through their heads? Theft of a textbook would require depriving the publisher or store of inventory (it follows that you also deny them a sale, but there is no guarantee that the stolen copy would have sold). Copyright infringements doesn't take away anyones property. Some people argue that you are depriving a sale but again there is no...