or Connect

Posts by ComboOrgan

Quote: Originally Posted by harvey_birdman Where do you think the electricity comes from? yeah, it's a two step problem 1. power cars with electricity 2. switch most electrical generation to nuclear Electric cars match up beautifully with nuclear power, since nuclear provides high baseload with less variability than coal. Since electric cars do most of their "refueling" at night when there is plenty of available baseload, it's a good...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ataturk I wonder how many times they had to rerun that analysis to get the result they were looking for. "Top 3 rain events each year from 1936 to 2007 showed nothing. Hmm...Let's try the top two from 1962 to 1997." From the paper: "We use the Hadley Centre global land-based gridded climate extremes data set (HadEX)4, which is based on daily observations from 6,000 stations and covers the period 1951-2003. We...
Quote: Originally Posted by JLibourel Just a few thoughts: By far the most abundant "greenhouse gas" is water vapor. Most atmospheric CO2 is generated by the oceans, followed by the exhalations of animals. Human generated atmospheric CO2 is less than 4% of the total. In the Jurassic era, atmospheric CO2 was 9X greater than at present--didn't seem to hurt the dinos much, they went on for tens of millions of years. In the recent past, some scientists have...
Quote: Originally Posted by JLibourel ...I now learn that, far from there being an overwhelming consensus of the scientific community, the whole scare was largely manufactured by a narrow clique of scientific cronies, many of whose scientific credentials were tenuous to non-existent or at least not germane to the matter at hand. The global warming "machine" has thrived on ruthless suppression of contrary evidence, "science" that is at best sloppy, at...
The 1986 and 1990 PA gubnatorial elections made my case. The 1990 election was a bit of a technicality, since Barbara Hafer joined the Democratic Party a little later, but she was a Republican at the time of the election. Thanks for your help fellas
Does anyone know of an election on any level (national would be better) where a pro-choice Republican ran against a pro-life Democrat? I know this is tough to find, but it must have happened somewhere. This information can help me win an argument.
If you want to get all abstract about it, tell me: On what basis can we claim ownership of things? Really, the concept of property is just a construction of law. Same as ideas. Both were conceived because the world is better that way.
Quote: Originally Posted by babump I just ordered the version of this boot with the lugged sole. I ordered them half a size down from what I usually wear in Nike/NB sneakers and basketball shoes based on what people have been saying about the Katahdin fit on the other thread. Can anyone comment on the fit? Where did you buy this version with the lug sole? I can't find it
Quote: Originally Posted by Charley And there are also mounds of data and research which calls it into question. If they had such conclusive evidence, they would not have to take such measures to manipulate, hide and then destroy the data used. Consider, as one example, the evidence that the atmospheric CO2 increases AFTER the earth warms, not before. Warmer seas do not hold as much in solution. Is that physics? This myth has been addressed...
If anyone is interested, here is the letter Hal Lewis sent to APS members on December 4th, 2009: It might give some context. The "Statement" to which he is referring is the APS statetment on Climate Change which Lewis asks to be reviewed in-light of climategate. Quote: Dear fellow member of the American Physical Society: This is a matter of great importance to the integrity of the Society. It is being sent to a random fraction of the membership, so we hope...