or Connect

Posts by ComboOrgan

I decided to exchange them. Revolve is being cool about it, so I figure I'll get boots free of defects
I don't believe they are mass produced. I believe the stitching is done by hand (based on a video of the Wolverine factory). They aren't cheap boots - they cost $340.Part of me thinks: "They're hand-stitched, and this is just a quirk"and the other part thinks: "This is sloppy, and will bother me in the future"
The picture above shows the inside stitching of the right shoe. There's also one unfilled hole on the outside stitching on the other shoe.
See the photo. There are two extra holes in my new Wolverine 1000 Mile Boots that I just received in the mail. I'm not sure if this is return-worthy. What do you think? Too nitpicky?
People with master's degrees in engineering seem to get snapped up pretty quick by industry
Quote: Originally Posted by Gibonius There's always a movement to unionize graduate students and I don't know of a single one that was even close to successful. I don't know exactly how you'd "fight back," but ignoring it will probably give the same result. Curious about what your stance is based on, PM would be fine if you don't want to talk about it here. Well, this one might be successful. Teaching assistants are already unionized here,...
Does anyone have any experience fighting unionization? I'd like to hear about your experiences. For background, I'm a graduate student supported by a research assistantship at a large public university. There is a currently a movement to unionize graduate research assistants university-wide. For a number of reasons I am against it, and I want to do something.
Quote: Originally Posted by Faded501s How would this have ANYTHING to do with rise? because that determines the length of one's tie?
Quote: Originally Posted by Pilot Nuclear power plants take up massive amounts of resources and billions of dollars to build. How do you plan on harvesting the uranium out of mines without gasoline powered vehicles? Or what do we do in the meantime while it takes them over a decade to build a reactor? I don't think you have a proper understanding of the numbers involved. The amount of energy which is extracted from uranium is so great that the...
Quote: Originally Posted by harvey_birdman Where do you think the electricity comes from? yeah, it's a two step problem 1. power cars with electricity 2. switch most electrical generation to nuclear Electric cars match up beautifully with nuclear power, since nuclear provides high baseload with less variability than coal. Since electric cars do most of their "refueling" at night when there is plenty of available baseload, it's a good...