or Connect

Posts by DECEMBER

why not? people skateboard and do other activities in jeans... so I decided to kill two birds with one stone and run on a track machine in my house to get rid of this gut. Jeans lose indigo when they're wet and the fabric rubs against each other or your hands. How long does it take for the thighs to fade to white? (or is that just from people rubbing their sweaty palms on their jeans) The thighs and knees on my jeans don't fade for some reason.
I use to wear these everyday.. for like 4 months.. then I started rotating them with another pair. I didn't want to say the brand (Crate Routes) cus people will say that these don't fade much, when I've seen pictures of really nice worn out pairs. There's definitely vertical fading goin on, whiskers, combs... it just hasn't faded to white (is it suppose to before a wash?) but the ass / knees haven't faded much cus I don't do much sitting in them. They don't smell,...
Found this awesome picture back on page 69.. these are bad-ass. Does everyone that own a stockman, have it on the chisel-toe last? Feels like this shoe wouldn't look as cool in any other toe shape... what you guys think? More pics please.. I really want to see clearer pictures of the black / chestnut stockman (or other boots) worn with jeans Quote: Originally Posted by james_timothy Toiletduck had a brilliant pair of RM Williams boots in...
Hey I have these pair of dry denim that I've worn for 6 months now, I can't tell if much fading has occurred but it certainly looks different than when it was new + there is great contrasting. Should I wear it for 6 months more, and try to wear it till the creases fades to white? Or does that only happen after you throw it in the wash?
Quote: Originally Posted by dah328 You want A Harris's guide to shoe antiquing which is linked in the pinned "HOF: Glossary of terms/ Best posts/ FAQ/ Links" thread in Men's Clothing. so how often are you suppose to polish? And is it necessary to strip down the polish on a new pair? I assume once you get the color you want then you stick with a clear polish? How is the "midnight" or "midnight black" on Edward Green's achieved? (or is that an...
I said I liked the color, which I'm guessing is attainable only with that rougher kind of leather. Whiskey, even though it looks nice, isn't going to work with what's in my wardrobe at the moment, and probably never will. and yes, I'm a noob here to learn, like many others on this forum. Thanks for pointing out the obvious. on another note: stockmans take 10 fuckin weeks! (i thought they took 4) what? nooooooooooooooooooooooooo! Question: Is the RM Williams...
who actually bothers going back a page to answer questions? =\\
Oh cool there's finally an ask a question thread in the men's clothing section. My question is: Is there a detailed guide to polishing shoes somewhere? I'm wondering if there's some secret to polishing / antiquing a pair of shoes.. specifically, how do you get tones like some of those EG and JL shoes such as "museum," "midnight," "antique," etc.? Or is that something only a skilled craftsman can do with the right kind of leather?
Yea pretty much.. and look out for the occasional steal on ebay / forum. I want my brass screwed so I'ma order from bootsonline. btw, found this pic posted by voxsartoria in WAYWT, but can't tell if these are craftsman or a round-toe.
I really like this color on the left.. original poster labeled them as "dark brown oxhide".. Is this kind of leather suitable for work boots and how do you put in an order for this kind of leather.. oxhide = willow? If not, is it possible to get this similar color in yearling? Also, are all these colors available in yearling? http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...9#/2af7b969/96 btw, anyone mind showing some full body frontal pics of black or chestnut...