or Connect

Posts by Gutman

Yes, but not that sports coat. Colour ok, but for denim you need: shorter length (but just enough to cover your butt) and more open quarters (the front part of the jacket below the lowest button). those are way too closed - you should be able to see your belt with the top button done up. the jacket in your pic has an ok lapel and good button stance, but you'll want a fairly slim fit jacket unless you're going for some sort of vagrant look... since you won't usually be...
I like it. I'm assuming it's wool and not synthetic though... There is not much margin for era with a jacket like that (black watch would be much easier), and you'll need to look confident and together otherwise it won't work. For your age, there seem to be three possible ways of wearing it: ** Italian style: white shirt, navy tie, navy slacks, dark brown/reddish oxfords ** Costa del whereever style: open necked white shirt, cream slacks, blue(?) topsiders **...
1 bottle per night is too much. What do you do when you're drinking that bottle of wine? Just hanging around the house? Rather than the negative approach of trying to "ration" your drinking, try a positive approach of getting in first with other things, leaving less time / inclination for as much drinking: ** Maybe fill out your week with a few activities ** Find a non-alcoholic comfort drink to have when you're at a loose end. For some reason having a cocoa...
Quote: Originally Posted by aeglus Something feels off this time, not sure what. Cold as fuck in the middle of March with snow on the ground is messing with my brain. I've got a similar build to you, and find I need to avoid the cropped jacket / tight jeans / heeled shoes combo. 2 out of 3 of those can work for me, but not all 3. Either get rid of the stacking in the jeans (and no cuffs) or change the shoes would be my suggestion....
Quote: Originally Posted by ManofKent Monday morning in Canterbury. Fancied doing the bow-tie & DB Blazer look (no it's not up to Greg's standards ). Absolutely top notch MOK Quote: Originally Posted by niidawg3 [center] One moar pic from Sunday: Like this suit a lot - very nice indeed Quote: Originally Posted by barims Bonus outtakes, alternate angles and R-rated scenes of...
Depends on your build. Slanted pockets will add length to the leg by raising your apparent waist-line, and are probably more suited to someone of a slimmish frame. Straight pockets will sit about belt height, and for that reason may or may not look good for your build. On the wrong suit they can look a bit "blocky". In terms of style: narrow lapels / short jacket skirt / closed quarters = straight; and a jacket with waist surpression / longer skirt / twin vents =...
into autumn now
Quote: Originally Posted by Casanova642 Hello forum! Second post ever! First photo of me. PS: I know I should have unbuttoned for the second photo Well you must be doing something right!
it does look great. pink shirt great. white or blue would look boring.
Quote: Originally Posted by miurasv Thanks for your reply. The DAKS's buttons are no lower than on VOX's blazer. They may look lower as in my pic (which the seller took) as the pocket flaps are tucked in. I'll take some pics in a few mins of the DAKS and the Turnbull & Asser I got today which is "close" around the midriff and has waist supression which there is on the DAKS too but not as much which could be explained to some degree by it being a size...