or Connect

Posts by Gutman

Are you meaning under NZ$300 per week? For two of you? Anywhere near to town will be a shoebox for that price. You could flat with other people though for that price range. If you mean US$300, then you have a lot more options. Personally, I would go as close in as possible, even the CBD area. You'll save $$$ and time on commuting, and the $$$ can go towards the rent. I had a 80sm warehouse / loft type conversion in High Street (plonk in the middle of the cool part of...
Are you buying or renting? The sort of work you are both in suggests Ponsonby / Grey Lynn, maybe Kingsland, or CBD. I would get an apartment in the CBD and have a look around when you get here.
WAYWRN on MC is generally quite constructive and supportive, and relatively more postings than comments. WAYWT on SW&D can get a bit tiresome - extensive bitching, faux feuds, and fairly blunt comments (or opinions I should say). But that also makes it funny. I suppose SW&D is more polarising - People on MC don't seem to feel threatened by someone else's take on classic clothing, but will still comment on objective issues like cut, fit etc. SW&D is more conformist IMO...
The original Thomas Crown Affair
yeah good movie
saw it in the weekend and enjoyed it. quite low key overall, so a refreshing change. the opening scene is chilling if you've ever had a public speaking "moment" - get's you hooked for the whole movie. a shame they glossed over the Chamberlain episode, in some ways that would have added to the arc of the story. i liked the juxtaposition of Logue's failed acting daliances reciting king's speaches from Shakespeare with his true-life job of helping a real King with...
well, time and place matters unfortunately. had a similar experience when i was your age. hated breaking up, but now i can see it was the right thing. if it feels right it is, and if it doesn't feel right in some way then it's wrong. it's not about the things you can identify, it's about that gut feeling - things you can't quite put your finger on. you have to be a little bit selfish (as long as you're not being a dick). learnt that the hard way, and then (when much...
i have yet to see it, partly from the fear that like most historical movies it will take too many liberties to make the story more compelling. Does it show the infamous balcony appearance of Chamberlain after Munich or Churchill's reaction to it? George VI has to take responsibility for that. The movie also omits mention of Louis Greig, the King's long-time mentor and confidant: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/f...ey-mentor.html Louis was aristocratic, and it...
thanks indesertum - that's great. wish i could move... i used to think lindyhop was the coolest but might have to revist that
well the chest pains and lethargy can also be symptoms of a busy and stressful year. i wouldn't beat yourself up about doing a crash after december and needing to zone out for a while. a bit of exercise, some clean eating, and trying a positive outlook (hard at times...) can all help. best