or Connect

Posts by Gutman

As short as you can go without it looking bad. If you notice the length, then it is wrong. Usually this means front of jacket reaching to the crotch seam at the front and just covering the bum (allowing that an OTR jacket may sit higher at front or back depending on your build and posture). That will be the most flattering proportion, unless you have very long / skinny legs, in which case you could go a bit longer. If double vent, then you can sometimes go a bit...
Tapering a trouser leg is an extemely easy alteration (if the right sort of seam) - shop around for flat fronted trousers and get them tapered. Tailor can pin them up while you're wearing them, or just match the taper on another pair you have. Doesn't require any fabric to be cut, so easily reversable or adjustable. Works well on casual pants or suit trousers (even on 70s ones, because they are usually nice and snug around the hips, and have a decent rise so convert...
I like the Sartorialist photo - outfit looks really good and it suits the wearer, but i just wouldn't dress like that for work... He is striking a bit of a nonchalant give-a-damn pose - reminded me of this Raeburn portrait of Sir John Sinclair: http://www.museumsyndicate.com/item.php?item=7081 That's a short leg too, but works cos very tapered
You only want them a little shorter than a wider leg trouser. The "collegiate" look, which someone else posted a link to above, is a much exaggerated shortness (think gangly teenager growing out of hand-me-downs - and it only works if you are slim and gangly and clearly don't work for a living...). A 60s business suit is still a business suit and should look that way. Turn-ups ought (on principle) to be slightly shorter than uncuffed, but you still want the...
Hi - It looks a bit as if the jacket is simply a "small" version of a normally proportioned jacket, rather than a normally proportioned jacket but with a short skirt and vents as most 60s jackets were. The pockets should still sit level or a little above the belt, and the jacket should still have a normal (even low) waist and a button stance which matches that. If the button is too high then a short jacket will "come in", end, and sort of be left hanging. Particulary...