or Connect

Posts by Gutman

Quote: Originally Posted by UrbanAesthetics I would try to stay away from skinny ties and stick to SLIM ties. But if you must, try an get a Grey Herringbone blazer with soft shoulders for that casual look that you desire. Or, the classic, un-constructed Navy Blazer. Never go wrong. Hope this helped! http://urbanaesthetics.tumblr.com/ Yes good call - i tend to use "slim" and "skinny" interchangeably, but you don't want the keyboard tie look,...
Massively conflicting views here. APC website says the NS's are "fitted" a bit around the bum, which I take to mean narrower through the upper thigh than the NCs. That seems to be the case from comparing the actual jeans, and from the comparative measurements given on some sites. The NCs are the only ones APC describes as "tapered", and given they have the same leg opening as the NSs, that must mean they are wider in the upper leg for a given size? Am I totally wrong on this?
Bottom of the NC and NS are similar. The reason they say NC is "tapered" is that it's more generous through the *thigh* relative to top block and lower leg than the same size NS (which is slim and straight) and obviously the PS which is a beanpole leg. So if you've got reasonable thighs, but don't want to size up on the top block of NS (or have the same size NS drag down because too tight through the thigh), then maybe you need the NCs which is what I have done. Still...
Quote: Originally Posted by ataru manofkent, those smiths are pretty nice but I'm not really a fan of the cargoes. I feel like you still need a bit higher of a rise for optimal proportions due to your height. Not sure I agree with that - High rise can look a bit old-manish. I like the cargos. MoK's jeans / slacks would look better in medium or maybe low rise, and a notch looser on the belt so they sit a bit more relaxed. Diff for formal...
There are actually quite a few types of jacket you can wear with OBD shirt, skinny tie and jeans. Think 1960s and Mod. Harrington already mentioned. Any shell jacket which is slim and straight. Anything English, almost: Duffle, Gloverall, Corduroy jacket etc. Or (my favs) tweed sports jackets, just make sure they have narrow lapels, are slim fitting and not too long. Definitely not a 70s jacket, too waisted, pagoda shoulder line etc. Look up some Steve McQueen pics.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uncontrol [[SPOILER]] Jacket, Shirt: Tornado Mart / Jeans: Lee Black Riders / Belt: Diavlo / Boots: Buffalo Bobs This is the first thing of yours that i've really liked - looks great Quote: Originally Posted by ManofKent First wear of the new jeans I ordered last time I was up in London. Had a soak and I'm pretty happy with the fit. Jude in Beak Street's Albam did a good job of estimating the post soak shrinkage for the...
OP, your mum does sound like an extreme case, but nothing you say will change her at this point. Even if you can't respect her, you should still retain your own dignity and self-respect. Emails aren't forgotten like cross words: just go with the thanks but no thanks as suggested.
Well if he asked you he would have had his reasons, and it's an important thing, so I wouldn't turn him down. Reading between the lines, maybe he doesn't have a lot of close friends, or wants someone there from an important time/place in his life?
Quote: Originally Posted by mktitsworth Always remember Man rule #1: Bros before hoes. That doesn't mean don't do it, but it does mean to remember where your loyalties lie. Yes, and supplementary Man rule: if you date your mate's sister, you have to marry her. So that might make it a "no" for you depending on your inclination...
Quote: Originally Posted by ManofKent Spent a few days back in MC so I'm questioning my judgement Honest opinions please. Too youthful for my age? : sorry late posting, i realy like this MoK - good stuff. although i think either the shirt or or the boots, maybe not both. top pic looks really good, bottom a bit too much. maybe if the shoes weren't new. jacket is cool.