or Connect

Posts by Gutman

Quote: Originally Posted by foodguy Ole's Swedish hot cakes Total time: 20 minutes Servings: 4 Note: This recipe comes from the Little River Inn just south of the town of Mendocino. The pancakes can be served with maple syrup or a big spoonful of strawberry sauce in the center. To really gild the lily, you can top that with a spoonful of whipped cream. 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) butter 1 cup flour 1 teaspoon baking powder 1 teaspoon...
standard flour, 1 egg, and 50/50 water and milk (err on side of water). butter in pan, then cook. syrup or brown sugar on top, then roll up. yum or something like asparagus, mushroom, bacon, white sauce wrapped up and baked with grated cheese on top. double yum
1812 Overture
maybe the gardner gave it to him
Quote: Originally Posted by Albern My logic for translating guitar onto violin was based on the fact that - they are tuned the same (E, A, D, G) but in different octaves - thus the chromatic scale on each string was the same but had to be scaled down for a violin - obviously there are other factors such as no frets, fret markings, etc... Therefore conceptually they are the same with respect to being able to identify where each note is; what am I...
Quote: Originally Posted by amerikajinda A bit confused about the meaning of this - I'm probably misinterpreting -- but you're saying that the cello is played at a slower speed than the violin? Quote: Originally Posted by CDFS The point is moot, since Huntsman doesn't want to play the cello, but if that's an example of fast playing on a cello, it's certainly not fast in comparisson to pieces to be found for the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Albern I heard that for a beginner child, it could take at least 15 years to master Fixed. What's up with chalk? Maybe you could just chisel frets onto the fingerboard and be done with it. Or stick a guitar under your chin.
the motor muscle actions in bowing make violin harder to learn than say wind intruments or keyboard IMO. added to that you have to practice regularly to keep your ability. of the stringed instruments, cello is more commonly taken up by adult learners i believe. it might be that the different bow orientation, and slower speed of a bass instrument, makes it more approachable. i suspect tone production is easier too. by all means go for the violin though - the repertoire...
Quote: Originally Posted by Champagnelifestylenomoney The (mainly) English affectation of wearing bright red socks with a suit ( city workers; news readers etc.), may be signalling something like 'even though I have to wear this highly conformist/sober uniform for my work, I'm actually a very exciting and racy person underneath the surface & am not boring at all - as indicated by my red socks.' Exactly, apologies if links to the "red sock fop"...
Indeed. those will look great with a bit of wear and care. the dark edging will go nicely with a darker polish, and work well with navy or tan. probably not for a pinstripe though.