or Connect

Posts by Gutman

well what else can he do with them but see how they go?
i would have sized down one more - they look fairly loose for the third wear. anyway, let them wear in and see how they go. should be a nice relaxed pair
Quote: Originally Posted by jwied82 Nice, are they New Cures?
I've got hem, stacked, single cuff and double cuff depending on the jeans. Hem is for my "nice" 511 rigids with expensive shoes / sports jacket for work "casual" days. sounds naff, but it's actually nice. got stacking on the New Cures (wot else can you do?), a single cuff on some looser Levis (with the plaid shirt look), and double cuffs on low-rise skinnies i wear with bovver boy loakes. got some other 511s which have only a little stacking, and i wear them like...
Can't believe it, she sang really well, and picked a Tina Turner song which definitely wasn't a ballad. There are much weaker singers still left, but that's how these things go I suppose.
OP - You sound a bit like me, divorced (37) and hadn't paid attention to clothes for years cos ex-wife was a handbrake and very different ideas from me. My tips: 1. You will probably lose weight now you can get back into having a "life" and exercising. Don't buy too big (except for shoes, cos people often buy too small). 2. You will experiment with different styles, and have some "fails" along the way. Don't ask me about the time I got white jeans... 3. Think...
Only time you want perfect hemming is wearing "formal" slim cut jeans in the Italian style if i can put it that way, with expensive shoes. Otherwise you need some stacking or do turn-ups. More with skinnies than other cuts. It's just part of the look of jeans - they should have more breaks than a pair of trousers. Re the cowboys, the inseam needs to be longer to keep the whole leg covered when sitting on the horse. Riding in bad fitting jeans can give you rashes in all...
Quote: Originally Posted by porschemad911 I'd have to disagree with this, a size 32 unstretched measuring at a 34 waist for example, and that's not really to allow for shrinkage in the first wash. OK yeah i meant "accurate" in the sense of being comparable to other jeans sizings. I think they are all a bit vanity sized in the end. also for lower cut jeans popular at the moment its really the hips they sit on rather than the true waist. the...
Quote: Originally Posted by Surfrider You know, for a company who supposedly intended to create high-quality, no-frills, no-bullshit jeans, they sure do throw a whole fuckload of bullshit into the mix with their retarded sizing conventions. Whomever conceived "vanity sizing" should be hanged, drawn, and quartered. Any CEO who authorizes their company to adopt vanity sizing as policy should have their right hands severed. Now that would cut down on all...
probably should be in your tagline, not in your posts. but i don't get all the hate myself. your stuff is no worse than a lot of the other stuff on here. do your own thing, and don't worry about anything else. BTW you say "effect" in your headline blurb which should be "affect" i think. pet quibble.