or Connect

Posts by Gutman

not an overnight hobby... http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/pict...im-Norway.html
Quote: Originally Posted by Douglas this is badass http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2...destinations#1 Well played. Nice to have a whimsical but uncontrived touch in a picturesque context. I also like how they handled the extensions - distinct additions, in a demarcated style, and which don't compromise the form and fabric of original structure. Wonderful.
Astronaut - I think the NCs look fine. If anything they look a bit loose, given they will stetch more. jjjay23 - The NC seems skinnier than 511s, and more tapered. 511s not such a good comparative though cos there's lots of variation within different washes of 511.
leaving aside the shut-up comments (unless you want to dress like uncontrol), i really wouldn't worry about it that much. wear what you like.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uncontrol you don't get it because your understanding is fundamentally broken rubbish - he's just not going for the same sort of look as you or most of the other posters in SW&D. more of a MC casual look, but that's fine.
Quote: Originally Posted by wannabe Not getting the hate on this. Looks smart, and fits you well. It's clearly a work outfit, not a weekend strut around. Who cares about quarter zips or whatever, i don't agree with the ageist comments. Although is the sweater polypro or similar? i'd stick to wool or a light cotton pullover.
i'd worry less about style, and more about swag. clothes play a part in that, but maybe not how you're thinking. maybe wait til you get there, and check out what the scene is. what you like is bound to change. go with what you like, not what you think other people will like. i really don't understand the problem with chucks. i wore them at varsity, and i wore RM Williams boots as well. Neither worked for me...
i think the Opie Taylor or lumberjack image is more specific to the US. Cuffing doesn't quite have that connotation in the "English" speaking world.
Or the New Cures? 511's seem to vary a lot. I like them, got 4 pairs in 31 and 32, cos it's about the slimmest rigid jean I can wear and I like the cut. PS's were definitely too tight for me though, so got the size 30 New Cures instead. Jury is still out on whether I should have gone for New Standards cos the NCs are still fairly tight through the leg after a few wears. PS might be lower rise than 511 and NS is probably higher. NC's seem to be about the same rise as...
well, you won't get things right straight away no matter how much you research it. but hopefully you can shorten the odds on having too many fails by narrowing down the sorts of thing you like / might work for you. Good luck with it all, and be sure to post some pics in WAYWT thread - you'll be surprised how much your look will change over a couple of years. PS - Good skills re the weight loss BTW - loosing excess weight and getting fit is part of the deal, not just new...