or Connect

Posts by modsquad

I was in a bar this weekend watching two bimbos chat and I was thisclose to asking them if their Olympic sport was synchonized giggling.
This theory would be fine except for one thing: the proposition that there is a disporportionately large pool of single women out there who are on the whole more attractive than women who have already gotten married (the string bidders in the articles terms) is a complete crock. I'm single and way past the age when most men have tried marriage and I am here to tell you that the pickings are slim. Exactly as slim as you would expect as the good ones are picked off and age...
Erdawe has a good idea. It's my impression that most dialects of a given language are characterized by just a few sounds, probably vowels, that are pronounced differently than the standard. Don't try and revamp your speech entirely, just concentrate on those. Get a book or two that shows you the position of the lips, tongue and jaw in the dialect and in the standard and do the exercises to alter your pronounciation. It's a physical change, just like any other...
Sorry, bad post.
I forgot about Lets Get Lost.
I learned French in my mid-twenties and eventually came to speak it very well. The main thing I would do differently if I had to do it again is to run verb conjugations (sp?) over and over and over. It's rote, boring work, but the verb forms have to be completely second nature for you to speak fluently. You can't really learn them on the fly just by speaking and listening. When I was speaking French every day, I had an exceptionally large French vocabulary. I got it...
There is a play called Busted Jesus Comix at the DC Fringe Festival playing that weekend that you could check out .... ;-). It's kinda raunchy, though, may not be to your taste. If you want dance parties, DJs and indie bands, I find the Nightlife Agenda column of the Washington Post, which updates every Thursday, very useful.
Thanks for the updated link. Nick
I am performing in the play "Busted Jesus Comix" at the Capitol Fringe Festival. Please come see the play. Performance dates and times are: Friday, July 18, 10 p.m. Sunday, July 20, noon. Wednesday, July 23, 6:30 p.m. Saturday, July 26, 8:00 p.m. Sunday, July 27, 4:30 p.m. All performances take place at Flashpoint – Mead Theatre Lab, 916 G. St., NW, Washington, DC, 20001. Attention: Busted Jesus Comix is raunchy. An obscenity prosecution sets the story in...
Dumb question: can a 125cc trail bike be ridden on the street? I want a bike to ride very short distances in the DC suburbs as part of my commute. I will not be riding the bike more than 5 miles a day, on suburban streets. I want to do this as cheaply as possible and a 125cc trail bike from a big manufacturer like Yamaha or Suzuki of Honda seems like the way to do it. I am 6' tall and weigh 160 pounds. Thanks for any input.