or Connect

Posts by modsquad

Quote: Originally Posted by unpainted huffheinz Everything you recommended to me is currently unavailable in the US. Fucker. How about a lesser known film that is essentially an extended chase sequence along the lines of The Getaway, Le Samourai, and Heat? Charley Varrick. Kill Bill, part2.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim See, i thought District 13 was generally pretty boring. The problem is that not only was the plot dumb, the parkour was pretty disappointing too. (Not to mention the fact that Its already really overexposed in action movies these days) Maybe its because whoever shot it has no eye for the movement, or is a crappy choreographer - but it just didn't do anything for me. I liked the parkour. I've seen parkour...
Quote: Originally Posted by Mauby I'm an action movie junkie. Looking for something obscure, low-budget, or box office bomb but still very watchable. Southland Tales didn't do it for me. Banliue 13 (District 13 in the U.S., I think).
Quote: Originally Posted by dtmt Nostalgia. Not in some cheezy retro sense, but the feeling you get after you run into someone you haven't seen in 10 years or so and reminice about old times; and it hits you just how much time has passed and how much the world has changed. Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind. Cabaret. Stolen Kisses.
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara I thought Georgetown and NW D.C. were full of monied cougars. I didn't say they were poor, I said they were ugly. And they are. Dumpy and frumpy. But if you want successful divorcees who have let themselves go, DC is the place for you.
Conne, you might want to reconsider: there are no piano bars in DC, and the cougars are ugly.
Great party last night Mauro, thanks!
I'd like to see Obama dress with a little more flair. His suits are sober, dignified, appropriate and immune from criticism, which is fine. He's elected now, so he could occasionally rock a suit in a more British cut and a shirt in a color other than white and a tie that isn't blue or red. A double-breasted suit is too much to hope for.
I was on 11th & U celebrating. Watched the returns at Bohemian Caverns, which was wall to wall Obama, of course. Biggest crowd roars were for Virginia and, a few minutes later, the election call. Everyone jumped and yelled and chanted and embraced in the bar for a few minutes and then went out into the streets and did more of the same. Traffic blocked, cars coming by slowly, honking and the occupants shaking hands and slapping skin with the people on the streets. Very...
Dumb belt question: if the belt is, say 32", is that my waist size or the length of the belt? Put another way, does belt size 32 fit a 32" waist or are the belt size and the waist size different? Thanks for the help.