or Connect

Posts by cthip

anybody here ever had a sweater or other knit altered in NYC? searching here and elsewhere leads me to believe that it can be done, but it's not very common. i'll ask my usual tailor, but would love another option.
don't know if vibram makes soles like these, but a company called itshide definitely doesi had the venerable b.nelson do soles like these (with a dainite heel) on a pair of boots, so it can definitely be done. how easy/feasible/cheap it is to get viberg to do them, who knows until you ask
it's the website and online ordering system that's the problem, desk staff at luxury hotels (even in france) is typically very accommodating call the hotel, ask for the front desk, ask them to get one from the gift shop and send it standard mail. they might not like it (if they're busy with other things), but they'll do it
http://www.leathergoodsconnection.com/brlebe.html I have two from these guys--one raw/unfinished like your photos, and one black dress belt The complete opposite of "pretentious fashion brand," I'm pretty sure it's just one or two guys working out of their garage/shed/whatever. You'll have a hard time finding better quality leather for less money. Can get any length/width you can imagine. Yes, the website has a definite lack of sophistication. Yes, his directions are...
wish i had read this thread before i ordered them from myhabit. i guess the red flag should have been when they suddenly became available on my waitlist for the second and third time. . . .
sorry photos aren't the greatest quality, taken on my phone, had a few beers, and was trying to mostly stay out of people's way while taking photos actual vintage lasts from the wolverine factory the ladies' boots don't get a lot of love on this forum (last night was actually the first time i'd seen them!) but i think they look pretty sweet actual vintage timeclock from wolverine factory and my 1k after a shine
store is drool worthy, photos won't do it justice but will be posted tomorrow anyway. Probably. You're a lot better off just coming to NYC, store well be here at least six months, hopefully longer if it does well. Come see for yourself. Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2
Maybe he was just having a bad day, or week. I've had three re soles done by nick. The first two standard, the third I guess was somewhat special or custom. In all cases, nick was polite, prompt, and helpful via email with respect to availability of materials, timelines, and cost. I have a fairly lengthy email thread where he and I discussed various options for a week or two. Sounds like you had a rare bad experience. If he asked you to call, why don't you? Perhaps the...
http://www.styleforum.net/t/163864/wolverine-1000-mile-boot-review/1215#post_5400088here are mine done by b.nelson. full resole (not halfs or topys) with itshide commando sole and dainite heel.
I'm no expert, but the leather on dbc's boots does NOT look normal to me.Chromexcel definitely does have some minor variation in color and grain, but those repeated parallel lines/scratches/wrinkles should not be there.Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk 2