or Connect

Posts by cthip

Nice work! Brian has my 1Ks currently and they're getting a similar Vibram sole. The snow and ice are nearly done here in New York, but at least I'll be ready for next year!
Thanks for confirming!It's a shop with a generally good reputation on this forum. I'll give them the chance to make it right, and will follow-up as appropriate after that.
Hi all, I could use some feedback on the the issue pictured below. These are Indy boots that I had re-soled with J. Rendenbach soles about a year ago. The shop that did the work has done good work for me in the past on several other pairs. On this pair, I noticed the stitching sorta "running off the edge" and generally looking a little sloppy near the heel as pictured below. Is this normal for a re-sole on a 3/4 welt? I didn't think too much of it at the time of...
SorrySucks that it's out of spec, but you just described my ideal shirt!
That looks like normal patina to me. I have a pair of Aldens in brown chromexcel that did the same "nearly black" thing, and other areas where I was sure I had scuffed them permanently. My black wolverines would scuff deep enough for brown leather to show through. They always returned to normal after a quick wipe with a conditioner. I use Lexol but practically any boot oil should work.
Yup, all of my Gustin shirts have shrunk pretty significantly. They've never been in a dryer, and washed in cold water only. Some are borderline unwearable at this point now, so I size up on future orders in anticipation of future shrinkage. I'm a little heavier than you, but I order Large-Tall these days, mostly because of the shoulder width, and length at the side scoops. Since I'm now sizing up, I will use the dryer on the first three or four washes to accelerate...
Buttons fall off of shirts. That's why essentially every shirt (Gustin's included) has a few extra buttons at the bottom of the front placket. Snip off one of those spares and replace your lost buttons. If you're in a pinch, you don't actually need two at each cuff, so there are technically extras there as well. If you're really in a pinch, I bet Gustin would send you some new buttons if you asked nicely.
double-post.
Yup, I'm sure the numbers are different for Gustin based on their business model. I bet a higher number than 14% of their customers get in touch regarding issues, but it's probably still a minority percentage. Still, Gustin likes to cite that the return rates for their products are low (I can't remember if they stated it's lower than industry standard, or lower than their targets), and they use that as an indicator that these QC problems are not real. Either way, we all...
You're right, but it doesn't matter http://eric.ed.gov/?id=EJ622756