or Connect

Posts by cthip

My mistake! Will edit.Gotcha. It might work with a bowtie. You never know until you try! I can't compare to Mercer, but I can compare to Kamakura, LE Hyde Park, and Brooks Brothers oxfords.. The Gustin collar is significantly shorter and softer.
You can just half the chest. I actually made the measurements while the shirt was laying flat, and doubled them exactly as described in Gustin's fit guide:https://www.weargustin.com/fitguide#shirts
Eh, the collar is pretty short, which makes it difficult or impossible to wear all but the skinniest of ties. The 3rd button on the back of the collar means these shirts aren't designed to be worn with a tie, and will never really look quite right.The collars are also pretty light. This is nice when worn unbuttoned, but combined with the relatively lightweight fabrics, there's really not much of a collar roll at all.
I don't know if there have been any systematic measurements of shrinkage in Gustin shirts, but I figured I'd post up the following for reference. My Gray Ember Flannel (size large) shipped in March 2014 and is washed and worn weekly during winter, fall, and spring. It's always washed in cold water, and never put in the dryer. Here are the current measurements: Chest: 43.5" (published is 45.5") Waist: 41" (published 43.5") Center back: 28.75" (published...
Eh, you'd be surprised. I've tried it. Sno Seal is pretty sticky, tacky stuff. I'd say that traction actually slightly improved on everything other that ice (which is hopeless anyway in a leather-soled shoe).I'm not saying it's essential, but don't knock it till you've tried it.
I've used both and highly prefer Obenauf's LP over SnoSeal for my 1Ks. Apply it the same way as SnoSeal, just rub it on lightly with bare hands. Your body heat will melt the Obenauf's, and so I didn't find that any additional heat was necessary for Obenauf's. Brushing wasn't necessary either, just wipe off any excess for a sort of satin-shine.I bet that's good enough. If you find you want more shine or color after that by all means use the wax or polish of your choice,...
they all do that. once they're fully blackened it won't look so weird
Great basic recipe, but I agree it's a little heavy on the Cointreau. Usually I just pour Cointreau and simple syrup (1:1) into the 1 oz side of the jigger so I get roughly half of each. Agave nectar would probably be better than the simple syrup, but it's not strictly essential.Espolon is a great choice for margaritas. Affordable 100% blue agave tequila, and wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy smokier than other tequilas at that price point. I find the smokiness a big overpowering when...
It's time for a re-sole. Since you know your wear pattern is heavier on the toe, it will probably be a good idea to have a tap or topy put on at the same time.