or Connect

Posts by quar

I have two KW's. The Navy and the White. Both are disappointing. The fabric wasn't very colourfast, and looked very average from Day 1. I hear the Gray is softer and more robust. I wouldn't buy any KW's again. They have a nicely made collar, but the fabrics are subpar.
You see. My point is. You don't need to know how he makes them or what materials he uses. You just need to pick a pair up in your hands and look at the soles and look at the uppers. It doesn't take a genius to pick a Rendenbach sole from whatever he is using. It doesn't take a genius to see how average the welting is either, even if they are hand welted. You can see it in the pictures. I don't care where Gaziano & Girling get their leather from. I can tell it's good stuff...
TBM. Very fair. But does it really negatively affect the thread that much? The odd argument?
I like arguing on the Internet. It brightens my work days. It's the first time I've been called a bigot. AM shoes are crap. The pictures tell you as much as you need to know.
It just annoys me when people spread misinformation. AM shoes are shit. I've seen them in the flesh. The materials are poor quality. I'm not going to sugar coat it. I tried, but then you came in and started spreading misinformation. If you knew anything about shoes, you would agree with me.If you want to support a good Australian shoe, go buy a RMW Craftsman boot for the reasonable price of $380. Don't spend $800 at AM.Here is what I am wearing today. A pair of...
PB. Looks good mate. ^ Agree with Axelman.
Any more loafers coming out anytime soon Romp? I'm smashing the ones I bought. They are just fantastic.
You ever handled an $800 shoe from another maker? You clearly don't know enough to be making an informed comment. What does being locally sourced mean? Are you making excuses for the crap leather he uses?Andrew McDonald's shoes look and feel second-rate. That's generous. They are horrendously over-priced. Just because you made it with your hands, doesn't mean it is any better than something made by machine.Look, I'm Australian too. As much as I'd love to support a...
Relative to mid- to high-tier English makers such as EG / JL / C&J / G&G, materials and workmanship are poor. In a subjective sense, the lasts are horrible too.
^ Let me save you some time there. They are all shithouse. Peace.