or Connect

Posts by quar

Wearing pants that you would wear with the coat is important. And a shirt too obviously to ensure correct sleeve length assessments.
CB. Who does your Italian stuff? Was just checking out your Tumblr. Is it NSM?
As an update to some of my earlier posts, PJ have their Orazio Luciano product for sale now. The examples they have are incredible. Mine should be here in January.
JM, that shirt looks Cotton-Linen. Is it really only Linen?
I've got a Chan in the 0513. I'll post some photographs when I get home tomorrow.
My Navy and White were from the first batch. They've changed the Navy Fabric? That's good. KW's have the best collar, but I still feel their fabric lets them down.
I have some Sunspel's. Great fabric. Flimsy collar. Again, the first 2 I bought won't be followed up by any others.
I have two KW's. The Navy and the White. Both are disappointing. The fabric wasn't very colourfast, and looked very average from Day 1. I hear the Gray is softer and more robust. I wouldn't buy any KW's again. They have a nicely made collar, but the fabrics are subpar.
You see. My point is. You don't need to know how he makes them or what materials he uses. You just need to pick a pair up in your hands and look at the soles and look at the uppers. It doesn't take a genius to pick a Rendenbach sole from whatever he is using. It doesn't take a genius to see how average the welting is either, even if they are hand welted. You can see it in the pictures. I don't care where Gaziano & Girling get their leather from. I can tell it's good stuff...
TBM. Very fair. But does it really negatively affect the thread that much? The odd argument?