or Connect

Posts by quar

Bigtimers gonna Bigtime.
:smalltimer:
You can get 30% off JLC from Monards or WOS. Saw it first hand last Saturday with a MC Hometime. But totally agree with you. For something common with ETA innards such as a 3714, I'd go grey market.
A-Dawg. It isn't 45mm. Much smaller than that.Prices in Australia can be competitive / comparable on mid-tier watches. 5% difference on something like a 3714 isn't worth the hassle of waiting for an opportunity overseas.
RMW Boots seem kind of average to me. Seriously. The uppers are average. The finishing is very rustic. English Makers construct a better boot. There I said it. But if your budget stretches to RMW only, then by all means, they are good Boots.
I have a suit in Crispaire too. It feels softer than the Minnis, but it doesn't have that subtle mottling that makes the Fresco so great.
House Block? In my experience, WWC won't be rushed by fly-in / fly-out visitors. They are too busy. When I went to a fitting for my last suit, they refused to take an order from my colleague when we were going to be another 6 days in Hong Kong. They simply couldn't accomodate him (given that we had requested a single-fitting).
You mean bench-grade or hand-grade?I think the C&J hand-grade shoes are same or better than Carmina in terms of make. I'd agree with you completely if you meant bench-grade.
I suspect there has been some miscommunication.I imagine they will measure you, and fit you on their fitting coat, which is a sleeveless jacket that is pinned. I suspect then that they will deliver you a finished suit. I doubt that they will cut your fabric and baste it together for you in the same day you are measured.