or Connect

Posts by quar

You guys obviously store your stock in small portions, in the freezer. Is it harmful to thaw the stock by placing it in a saucepan under heat? Does that ruin it in any way compared to letting it thaw at room temperature slowly?
What sort of thing do you guys use White Chicken Stock for? I'd figure a Brown Stock gives way more bang for buck.
I love how a real-world photograph of a AK shirt can completely re-derail, an already well derailed thread. Almost makes me feel bad by starting it all be asking Manton who made it (with my suspicion of AK in mind).
@#$% guys, it's a shirt probably made from some fine 140s poplin. It's not going to drape like a heavy flannel jacket. A photograph of a real-world shirt worn in a certain posture isn't going to look like a shot straight out of GQ.
mafoofan, that photograph of you in the Ambrosi's looks fantastic, worth every dollar spent I think.
I suspected it was a Kabbaz. I recognised the fabric and collar from some photographs you posted years ago of your AK shirts resting on hangers. Although I wanted to suggest it, it seemed almost ridiculous to suggest that we were looking at a Kabbaz in the wild. SA should charge you 30% more for pants based upon how much bloody fabric he would need to cut to drape those legs of yours.
Sweet pants. Nice shirt too. Is that a Geneva?
And that BS that NYR is trying to sell about SF ruining SA's reliabilty and level of service is rubbish. I couldn't agree more with what iammatt has said. Certainly in the business I am in, I refrain from taking on more work than I can handle, so why wouldn't we expect the same of our tailors.
Clearly when Foo stated that "nobody" puts more handwork into pants, he was referring to makers that he is aware of. We all know that. NYR coming in and randomly slaying him for that comment came across to me as insecure and unnecessary. Obviously there was some sarcasm in my description of this exchange as "passive-aggressive".
I enjoy the passive-aggressive exchanges between Foo and NYR. That is all.