or Connect

Posts by Bounder

This is may be because it is authentic, antique, hand-crafted marble lovingly harvested by traditional methods as opposed to modern, factory-raised marble.I am only half-joking. Modern marble is more fragile than antique marble simply because a lot of the more fragile marble wouldn't survive the traditional quarrying and cutting process, much less shipping. Back in the day, any marble that survived was pretty tough marble, not like the sissified, hipster marble we get...
Isn't this why God invented Connecticut?The things that people put up with to live in NYC amaze me, especially regarding real estate. Some of my friends have had the most incredible battles to secure housing that would embarrass an Indian slum dweller.A while ago I read an article about New York real estate that was discussing, with approval, a couple who had to build a "bedroom" out of plywood in the living room of their one-bedroom apartment when they had their first...
Please tell me Google Translate has Klingon now.
Excellent.If you don't mind, I am going to use this one.
But is it authentic Calacatta from Italy or the fake stuff from China?Actually, that's worth huge points. Maybe negative points, but huge points.
OMG, I guess she didn't just love it there after all.Either that, or you have a really, really dedicated stalker.I wonder what the "Disillusion/Learning curve is for San Francisco? You know, how long it takes the average person to go from "OMG! I'm living in San Francisco!" to "Oh my God. I'm living in San Francisco."
Heh. You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave.This must be like a living "Invasion of the Body Snatchers" for you with seemingly normal New Yorkers turning out to be soulless automatons from SF.Edit: On review, I see you were probably talking about StyleForum instead of San Francisco. It's even funnier that way.
That's really sad. The Lusty Lady was an institution. Unionized sex workers are the kind of weirdness that used to make SF genuinely interesting.LA, instead, has a long-term plan to get rid of its palm trees -- which are iconic -- and replace them with more ecologically-sensitive native species. A lot of people are extremely annoyed about this for various reasons.
Is that really what you have managed to take away from all this?Really? I think a person's interior design choices can say quite a lot. I don't know if those choices would ever make me think more or less highly of a person but they certainly can be quite revealing as to tastes and interests.Yes, well, this applies to a lot of things. Total fucking moronitude is no respecter of class or persons.Maybe not. But I don't think he suffers foos gladly,...
Except in so far as it would be rude to rubbish someone's decor while you are sitting in their house, I am not saying anything like that. Discussing ideas is always interesting. What I am saying is that, in your terms, 1) I do not find that how much you paid for something is a useful element in establishing a hierarchy of taste: Cost is not a proxy for value. Rather, the thing must be valued on its own terms and in the context in which you find it. 2) While I suppose...