or Connect

Posts by Bounder

Be careful. This kind of thing is a slippery slope. Before you know it, you're chatting up vegans in Whole Foods and doing Tai Chi in the park.
Lol@people slinging insults about mirror placement.IIRC, you can only take abalone free-diving in California now. As they are effectively extinct throughout most of their former range, I'm surprised you are allowed to take any at all.
Nice room. A lot of light. How is the view?
Now that I understand the context, I retract my objections as all of those bugs are actually features. Whenever someone goes off to use the facilities, Matt can clue everyone in on what's going to happen. Soon, there will be colorful swearing from the powder room followed by gales of laughter from the remaining guests. It'll be sort of like a party game.
What if you're serving Mexican food?
He will come to hate this regardless of his tastes in ethnic food. The problem, as you've identified, is that the entire roll keeps coming off the holder. This is particularly a problem when the roll is more than half used and, therefore, lighter. In this case, the placement of the roll behind and to the right of the user will only exacerbate the problem.It is disturbing to me that I know so much about this, but I speak from disturbing, bitter experience.
Very compact. What room is it attached to?This sounds sort of Fooish, but you are going to come to hate your toilet paper holder.
18 oz? IIRC, didn't you say you had no heat resistance? Even if you could wear that outside in a NY winter, what is going to happen when you go indoors?
It was, until you brought it up.I am probably going to hell for this, but when I first heard this story, I laughed myself sick. All I could think of was Steve Martin in The Jerk.
This isn't CE so I will restrain myself. But there are a couple of things going on here.First, there are probably hundreds of thousands of HOA-type organizations in the U.S. Most of them do a perfectly adequate, non-annoying job. But, of course, you never hear about those. They only become news when one of them runs off the rails does something extra stupid/despotic. BTW, this isn't just an American thing. There are condo boards almost everywhere.Second, while most HOAs...