or Connect

Posts by Bounder

I bet she's thrilled. I still want to know what she's going to put in this thing. I can only assume this cabinet is going to be locked in a bank vault.SG, could you discuss your choice of hinges?
The table was nothing special. What sold me was the SF gun check upholstery on the chairs.
Far too detailed post about chocolate. [[SPOILER]] TLDR version: Next time you are in Belgium or France, go find a good place that makes fresh chocolates.This is has always gone on but hipsters have the worst case of "authentitis" in decades. For people like this, whether something is "good" or not, depends on whether something is "authentic" and niche. The vast majority of these people wouldn't know good chocolate from shoe polish -- keep in mind that these people eat...
Very interesting. I kind of like the idea of a business model based on a sort of luxury placebo effect.What is most amusing to me is that, for my money, all chocolate bars are kind of crap anyway. They are tempered and often dosed with stabilizers and preservatives to make them tough enough to ship and to provide them with a decent shelf life. Real chocolate is made for immediate consumption and, when properly prepared, is closer to a religious experience than a food item....
You know, it would look even nicer if you overlaid it with some Carpathian Elm burl veneer and it would be even stronger if you carved little dovetails into the joints!Seriously, though, I admire your commitment but I thought the whole idea of Ikea furniture was that it was essentially disposable. On the other hand, this could be an opportunity. Is PimpMyIkea.com still available?
Supposedly, El Nino means NY is going to have a mild(er) winter.Given your track record, this means you are likely to find yourself in California for the next few months.
Yes, art nouveau, if anything. But I am even more dubious about fin de siecle "patio furniture". Outdoor furniture did exist then but it didn't really look like this.
First, that doesn't look particularly art deco to me.Second, I have my doubts that "patio furniture" even existed in the 30s.That looks to me like something from the late 50s or early 60s. Still very nice, but not exactly antique.
Is there one universal on-line code (and, if so, what is it?) or is it something that you had to receive in the mail?
Why do you think that one-button is "informal for work"? AFAIK one-button suits are no less formal than two or three-button suits. If anything, in that one-button suits are typically bespoke, they are on average more "formal."As for your original question, peak lapels are more rare than notch and, therefore, arguably more formal. As to whether they are appropriate for office wear, it depends on your office and your position in it. It is typically a bad idea to out-dress...