or Connect

Posts by Bounder

Inefficient, maybe, but unterrifying.Did you ask him about his shirts? I understand they do shirts but only MTM. Is that correct? Did he mention where he has them made?
You're doing it wrong. Get on the inside lane and go into a "holding pattern". Drive around the roundabout as many times as you need to while you check the map, try to read -- or find -- street signs, order pizza, etc..
Is OCD a topic you really want to raise in one of Foo's threads?
If I could figure out what they mean, I think I'd agree with you.I find this kind of useful.The sabi part has been explained to me as originally something that evoked a sort of wistful melancholy e.g. "Oh, that sunset was so beautiful. Now it's gone forever!" As I understand it, this is why ikebana is sabi. "The flowers are so beautiful! They're all gonna die so soon!" But over time, it became something more positive, I think, at least in part, along the lines of...
Now Fuuma, don't be that way. I wouldn't say yours was awful. The coffee mugs were really nice.
Yeah, I think this is important. My understanding is that it contains the idea that you have "transcended" the gaudy and the flashy. This goes especially to the "wabi" part. (As I said, I find the sabi part a little more difficult to fully appreciate.) To try to translate it into "Western" terms, the idea is "refined" taste in that you can appreciate the beauty and perfection in simplicity. Intellectually, this makes a certain amount of sense to me. If you are in...
First, let's see the back and the fringes. That rug does look like it has a lot of wear. My WAG based on the wear patterns is that it is actually cotton but I could easily be mistaken. If it is wool, it has been in a high traffic area for a long time. If the rug was hand-knotted, you can usually tell from a close examination of the fringes whether the base is cotton or wool.As for paisley, the pattern originally comes from Northern India or, depending on how your view...
Get the uncoated one and use this.http://www2.dupont.com/Stone_Care/en_US/products/prod_pgs/sealer.htmlUntreated marble, especially light-colored marble, is prone to staining. If it is somewhere where there is any risk of that, you do need to seal it. Otherwise, the first time you spill some wine, you will be . . . displeased.This stuff works great. The only thing is that you need to re-apply it every few years. But all you have to do is wipe it on and let it dry.
Even better, or maybe worse, as I understand the concept, eating rice out of bamboo trunks in Prague isn't wabi sabi at all.
The biggest problem is all those windows.They give you a view of, well, Texas.