or Connect

Posts by Bounder

Fail.The correct response was "Brown is for farmers."
From a non-NY perspective, they have never been sustainable. Bad, expensive real estate in NY is like terrorism in Iraq. If you live there, you get so used to it that it becomes just a part of daily life. But while you think it's no big deal, people outside of all that are aghast at the horrible conditions you live in and are feature you in "Save the Children" pledge drives.
I think you might have accidentally posted this in the wrong thread. As far as I can tell, this thread is about whether Mariano is a stylist or David Reeves is a twat. I think the consensus was that Mariano is a stylist but it got a little confusing so I'm not 100% sure.
Hmm. And how does the Steed play out?
Well, we've got to get something for our five hundred bucks!
I blame hipsters.Seriously, though. Given all the disasters NY suffers, I am amazed at how clueless some New Yorkers seem to be. Stocking up on kale and frozen mac and cheese balls at Trader Joe's is not the ideal way to prepare for a crisis, especially if your power goes out.
On the contrary. I will notice, too.You are overlooking one of the great joys of these events: Wearing an impeccably-correct black tie rig and then smugly cataloging the various sartorial faux pas you see.
Regarding shoes, you've got a couple of choices. First, court shoes or balmorals. Court shoes are a bridge too far for me. Having said that, you do have a wider range of "correct" styles than you do with balmorals, e.g. patent or velvet, bows, etc. Balmorals, correctly speaking, should be in patent leather. They can either be cap toes or whole cuts. Whole cuts are, possibly, slightly more correct but cap toes are perfectly fine. Some people try to convince you that...
Perfectly fine though pretty rare. In fact, I have one, OTR, if you can believe it.I quite like it but people probably have enough trouble getting over the white DJ. I doubt if they really notice the lapels.
Not me, thanks.Assuming you had your own tropical island to wear it on, you might get away with dupioni -- though I, at least, would come out looking like a Bond villain. You could certainly get away with linen, especially a darker cream. But a white wool suit? I am hard-pressed to think of a more useless thing to have in my wardrobe. At least with morning dress, I might get invited to a wedding or Ascot or something.