or Connect

Posts by Bounder

Forget the designer. To do it properly, you should keep only the "unhit" version in your living room and then hand your guests the hammer when they arrive.
Godot chair?
Didn't you get the memo? This is the new SF pass phrase. We had to replace "Brown is for farmers" b/c of Snowden.
I guess I am going to have to take Matt's advice about how bad the Epicurean -- and the Boardsmith guy -- is and your advice about the Sani-tuff. I just wish it came in a few different colors as I would like to implement some version of the "green for vegetables, yellow for poultry etc." system. One big advantage that Sani Tuff has is that it is so heavy and does not slide around, not even a little. Since my forays into the kitchen are usually a cross between Samurai...
Everyone tells me I'm supposed to scrub it down with salt, treat it with vinegar, etc., except, that is, for the people who tell me they are completely impossible to sanitize. I could keep using one for vegetables, I suppose.Maybe, but it is certainly striking. I guess it depends what kind of kitchen you are putting it into. Certainly it would look terrible in the picture below. But he does all kinds of stuff and can also use some exotic woods, if that's what you want....
I had been eyeing some of those Boardsmith boards. If I were going to get wood, I think it would be one of these. Some of them are striking. Plus, he makes them to order so he can add features if you want. The problem is that I am trying to get away from wood as I know I won't take care of it properly. But there is a new entrant. Apparently, this is what Japanese chefs really use with their $3000 fish knives. High-Soft Cutting Boards. I gather these are softer...
Maybe it's a sort of G-d thing.
All of this talk of left-handed, single-bevel sashimi knives sharpened with diamond dust is all very well but what sort of cutting surface are you using? I assume that there is probably some international treaty requiring the use of bamboo for all these super-high-end Japanese knives but I am looking to upgrade my cutting boards from wood and plastic for more ordinary stuff. The contending surfaces seem to be bamboo, Sani-TUFF or Remaindered Skate Board Park. Are any of...
Rats are traveling the streets of NY in gangs, running up and down people's legs and the next mayor of New York is basing his entire campaign on . . . income inequality.I think there is only one reason why New York sucks. A majority of the residents are completely loopy.
Very interesting, though only the original quote seems to be from a Japanese architect. The rest is from some American trying to interpret it. Per this article, if Foo wanted to make his apartment more wabi sabi, he should put his carpet on the couch.I didn't really agree with this.An old car left in a field to rust, as it transforms from an eyesore into a part of the landscape, could be considered America's contribution to the evolution of sabi. An abandoned barn, as...