or Connect

Posts by Bounder

Asking is all very well, but you need to check the base yourself. Cotton sold as wool is fairly common.
Pretty high, I would say, even if it's 100% wool. These carpets are nice but typically have quite simple geometric patterns. This looks a decent example. But you can get a decent "Persian" carpet for $2500. Check to see if this carpet is 100% wool or whether it is wool on a cotton base.
Quite possibly, as there's an even chance it's really from India.
LA is a state of mind. It takes in everything from Disneyland to Malibu which, come to think of it, maybe aren't that far apart after all.And LA has much better songs.
To me, this is the very essence of the wilderness. It's an environment that is not particularly dangerous if you know what you are doing but that can kill you if you do not. There is a certain satisfaction in knowing what you are doing and not dying.
You decided to go for the shag after all, I see.I can only repeat my earlier advice. You're not going to fool anyone. Even if you actually have an idea of what you're looking at, the dealer knows a lot more than you. If you pretend to be an expert, he will spot you a mile off. And you won't be able to ask the necessary stupid questions.Oddly enough, your best bet is probably to wear your ignorance proudly. Tell the dealer you know nothing about it and get him to...
The good reviews are often worse than the bad ones. "I gave this place 5 stars because it's right around the corner from my house!" I love yelp.
+1 on the High Sierras. Wilderness camping around Big Sur? Well, I suppose if you want ironic hipster wilderness camping, sure.But the High Sierras are something special. Go East Side or go home. The western side is far too crowded in August. Mammoth makes a great base. There are lots of hotel rooms, restaurants and places to gear up there. Plus, you are literally a bus ride away from serious wilderness trail heads where you can start anything from a day hike to trip...
Communal seating. I hate communal seating even in those parts of the world where it is not pretentiously twee. If I wanted to dine with a bunch of strangers with dubious antecedents, I would have stayed in prison.Communal seating, artificial scarcity, pretentious smugness.If only they would make everyone line up two hours before the dinner starts, they would be SF in miniature, the perfect expression of the San Francisco zeitgeist.
Decent prices, too. I am obviously doing something wrong. I will have to start hanging out in supermarkets when I am in Japan.Just because people do something doesn't make it right. 100 years ago, some people used a sort of sterling silver swizzle stick to remove the bubbles. Using Moet Imperial to mix drinks isn't exactly a crime, I suppose, but it's still a waste. You might as well use a decent cava or a talento or even one of the sparkling wines being produced by...