or Connect

Posts by Bounder

Don't be like that. It's almost like having Manouche back. sniff
I see that Kim Jong Un's aunt is running a dry cleaner near Times Square. Anyone using them?
I don't know. That ceiling fan looks kind of dangerous.
On all of my non-kitchen knives, the bevel has noticeable "top to bottom" striations. They aren't microscopic. If you look carefully, you can see them with the naked eye. Some are quite noticeable. This isn't something I did. They came that way.I had assumed that this was a method of "strengthening" the edge. In other words, the striations provide support to the edge and keep it from turning so that you don't have to use a steel on it as often.Is this completely...
If you know a cheap way to ship furniture internationally, please let me know. I have seen some outstanding antique furniture go for next to nothing at auction. But packing and shipping turns out to cost several times as much.
I hope it does not violate the rules of this forum to point out that someone is making bunny ears over this guy's head and that it really completes the look.But, yes, a mid to dark blue blazer is extremely versatile. Dark navy is somewhat less useful as it isn't great during the day. Manton calls the navy blazer/khaki combination a "California Tuxedo." I don't know that it only works for people in college but it does seem to get over-used. For some kinds of things, it...
In Jermyn Street, in a basement, there used to be a Russian restaurant. The food was pretty bad but the restrooms were spectacularly bad, but in a good way. The urinals were in the shape of big, red lips and the toilets were cast in the shape of a naked woman. In the women's restroom, I am reliably informed, the taps were gold-plated penises and one twisted the balls to get hot or cold water. I think it's out of business now.
Mill Valley?They have more important things to worry about. This came up a few years ago, but I'm sure its still a burning issues, San Francisco-wise.In a letter to Mayor Edwin M. Lee sent Tuesday, Tracy Reiman, PETA's executive vice president, suggested that city officials rename the neighborhood the Tempeh District, a homage to a soy-based meat substitute.“San Francisco is now renowned for some of the best vegan cuisine in the world,” Ms. Reiman wrote. “And the city...
You need to stop buying the cheap, Chinese knock-off Oxyclean from the bodega and splash out for the original.
Even the NYT is making fun of San Francisco. The Chamber of Commerce and the tourist board are calling for harsher measures to improve what is euphemistically called the “condition of the streets,” a term that encompasses the intractable homeless problem, public intravenous drug use, the large population of mentally ill people on the streets and aggressive...