or Connect

Posts by Bounder

This. The curved foot in the Shaker version really elevates it to something special. The metal versions are interesting interpretations but kind of miss the point somehow.I like the Nakashima version -- quelle surprise -- but I think the 200-year old version is even better.SG, can you make me an exact copy of the shaker table? I promise to give you full artistic license. You can use any brand of sandpaper you want.
The party starts/party ends thing really impresses me about NY. Work until 9:00 and then go out for three or four hours during the week is standard operating procedure in some quarters. In San Francisco, people spend their evenings at home sorting their trash.
Is that table really resting entirely on 6 tiny wooden points? If so, It will be are real pita from a practical perspective.That's excellent. I would buy a modern version of that without hesitation.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Kkr0klYk65A#t=527
That is a problem I have with a lot of this stuff. Some of the stools in this thread, for example, while beautiful, look extremely uncomfortable. In my mind, things like chairs are meant to be sat on and if they fail of their essential function, they fail, no matter how beautiful/intriguing they are as objects. Uncomfortable is just another kind of ugly.
I agree. The idea of leveraging cheap, though distant, parking and unemployed people with driver's licenses has a certain evil elegance that I really admire. I wish I had thought of it. I mean, there are places in Pennsylvania you can park for free.
That is also the reason that NY is amazing.The girl in the foreground is reading Ayn Rand.
#hipsterlivesmatter
Thanks for pointing that out. It is interesting, but incredibly depressing. Almost everyone of them is a fail on some level, often massively. I am clinging to the hope that they were looking for the outrageous. I mean, seriously? This guy is close and got by far the most likes of any of the pics I saw . . . which, I suppose, is sort of hopeful. The flash isn't flattering his tux, which I'm guessing is midnight blue, normally a very good thing. But look at the shoes....