or Connect

Posts by Bounder

Speaking for myself, the last thing on your list ought to be a bespoke evening shirt. First, you'd be hard pressed to tell the difference between a bespoke evening shirt and an OTR evening shirt if you are wearing a waistcoat. Second, there are so many other things that benefit more from the investment. Proper shoes, well-fitting DJ, grosgrain facings,studs and cuff links, etc., all probably have a greater impact.
Interesting comparison. The chair is by a UK designer. It's clever and has potential but it's still more in the art category rather than the furniture category. The bungee cord on these early models is apparently a patch that fixes a minor design flaw.
Is there something you'd like to tell us, Patrick?
http://www.styleforum.net/t/62219/wedding-ties
Are your palms dead yet?
How many Pio Chairs does this represent?
New York or this thread?
I agree that's an "incredible" price. I don't want to get into the whole price vs. value thing,and I am perfectly aware that the correct answer to "Why do you charge so much?" is always, "Because we can!", but for a wicker chair, 16K seems to be getting into Neiman Marcus Collard Greens territory. And I speak as someone who buys bespoke.
Does your building happen to have a giant atrium? I can't believe someone means to plant them outside. They'd be dead by Thanksgiving.