or Connect

Posts by Bounder

Perfectly fine though pretty rare. In fact, I have one, OTR, if you can believe it.I quite like it but people probably have enough trouble getting over the white DJ. I doubt if they really notice the lapels.
Not me, thanks.Assuming you had your own tropical island to wear it on, you might get away with dupioni -- though I, at least, would come out looking like a Bond villain. You could certainly get away with linen, especially a darker cream. But a white wool suit? I am hard-pressed to think of a more useless thing to have in my wardrobe. At least with morning dress, I might get invited to a wedding or Ascot or something.
This could work. But, Andy57 aside, it really isn't a good idea to wear slightly mismatched suits, especially DJs. The fact that everything is black really does make it much more noticeable. Andy57 might get away with it, but he lives in Silicon Valley where "formal" is defined as wearing tennis shoes with laces.White silk moire or go home.As far as a white (well, cream/ivory really) jacket goes in Florida, absolutely, especially in summer. Typically, you wouldn't wear...
Do you mean to say you had a dinner jacket made up separately from the trousers? Using different cloth? If so, why?!?
I completely agree with your thinking here, but I'm afraid that it is extremely unlikely to work out the way you are probably hoping.Black cloth is, surprisingly, extremely hard to match. In fact, if it not from the same production run, it is almost impossible to match. Black cloth looks like black cloth, until you put it next to some other black cloth, when it looks completely different.There are almost an infinite number of shades of black, variation in shine and...
Jcol, What you want is a pair of chukka boots. These are the most versatile shoe there is. Nothing else can dress up to a suit or down to jeans. Sometimes there are called "George boots", especially in the UK and especially if they are black. $300-$400 gives you a fair amount of choice. http://www.pediwear.co.uk/footwear/chukka-boot/?page=1 Some of these are obviously too casual. But a "normal" black calf chukka boot looks works fine with a suit. Dark brown is...
In fairness to Foo, he's a lot more focused now than he was back then.
There are a lot of microagressions in this thread. I hope everyone will join me in helping make SF a Safe Space for everyone.
I would like to make a joke using the phrase "foobinacci sequence". Normally, I would be afraid that this might be too sophisticated, but I think the forum can handle it. Any suggestions?
I would make a similar comment about San Franciscans, except Matt would agree with me.