or Connect

Posts by Bounder

How long will you be storing wine in these drawers?
Who cares about the long-term preservation of art? This is SF where we worry about the hyphen in "anal retentive." I'm sure we could go on for pages about the advantages and disadvantages of various kinds of framing materials. We went on for 20 pages about Matt's toilet paper holder.But you are probably right. Regular window glass blocks about 2/3 of UV light. Even if you frame with just regular glass you are blocking about 90% of the incoming UV.But the museum glass...
And a great relief that is to hear.Yes, exactly.What kind of glass did you use? I have never been able to decide whether museum glass provides enough additional damage protection to make it worth the extra expense.
Good heavens, man! Is that a particle board backing?!?
Matt, very nice to see you around. How is your toilet paper holder? Have you taken it for a spin yet?
You're a videographer, no? Sounds like your chance to be a YouTube millionaire.
These places are exploiting the commitment effect. If you stand in line for 30 minutes to get a cup of coffee, you have two choices when you finally make it to the end of the line. You can either enjoy the best damn cup of coffee you have ever had in your life, or you can feel like an idiot for standing in line for 30 minutes just to get a cup of merely-passable coffee. One guess which most people choose.I don't know if these places do this intentionally, but using bad...
You astound me. I thought for sure silk and a tokonoma would be involved.
I confess to having done this just to be a pita. For some reason, I am thoroughly offended by the sight of someone going along at 70 mph while looking down at their phone and, apparently, steering with their knees. I think it is the sheer sense of entitlement this represents that sets me off.Anyway, I have gotten a lot of personal amusement out of contemplating the texter trying to explain the stain on the seat the next time they take their car in for detailing.
SF is just the greatest.