or Connect

Posts by Bounder

Well, Silicon Valley prices have been insane for years. San Francisco managed to stay out of the madness for a long time. My understanding of what happened is that Silicon Valley companies started to encourage their employees to live in San Francisco because it was cheap. Google alone has about 23K employees in Silicon Valley and they are adding another 10K or so by the end of the year. Almost all of these people will probably end up living in San Francisco.San Francisco...
Maybe about the weather, but SF RE has gone insane over the last 5 years, and really over just the last 2.
I was absolutely down with this until I got to "Vegan Spirituality Meet-up".
Aladdin? Oh, please. How much hipster street cred are you going to get from seeing Aladdin? No, BambiF*cker/Kaffeehaus, is the only way to go. For extra points, it was produced by Kickstarter. Plus, it's in Brooklyn -- where else? -- so you can attend the performance without contributing to global warming by having to take the subway or something.Kidding aside, this actually sounds perverse enough to be interesting. And it is the kind of thing that can be tough to find...
+0.5A lot of big Broadway shows are comically expensive tourist bait. The better ones will end up in London where tickets are often to be had for half the cost. Given that it is easily possible to drop 1K+ on a pair of Broadway tickets, you might well be better off all around just flying over and catching the West End version. Having said that, one of the great regrets of my life is not having seen "Spiderman: Turn off the Dark" in previews.But some of the smaller...
Do tell.I have a great deal of time for working breeds. Yappers -- which are, collectively, any breed that can be worn as a fashion accessory -- not so much.This is a good place to mention one of my, uh, pet peeves about NY: dog strollers. To be sure, this goes on in other cities but it seems much more noticeable in NY. Maybe it's because the sidewalks are more crowded. But when I see someone "walking" their dog in a stroller, well, it seems to me that they are unclear on...
Let me guess. Small, Medium and Large?
That was simultaneously one of the saddest and funniest things I have ever read.
For a while, it was hard to miss studying law. People would even go to law school when the job market wasn't so great on the theory that it would be better in three years and they would have a valuable law degree. In the current market, this just isn't true. Unless he's got a specific reason to go to particular school that has a particular program, he's better off saving the money and going to school in Toronto if he can't get into a very prestigious school. I'm not...
Not really true. The law school you go to can open a lot of doors. Certain employers only interview at certain schools. Many employers will not even consider a resume if it doesn't come from one of their designated schools. So it is much better to graduate in the middle of your Yale law school class than at the top of your Podunk Tech law school class.If you can get in to, say, Harvard, Yale or Stanford, you should go for it. The cache -- and the people you meet --...