or Connect

Posts by dport86

I wear 7.5D Barrie, 7.5E Aberdeen and Vass, 8D on the Brannock (actually, between D and E). I've purchased two Heschungs: the Tyroleans co-labelled with Yuketen; and some Ateliers Heschung suede Algonquin's with white work soles. The Tyroleans fit exactly like barries (size down 1/2 from your Brannock). The Ateliers Heschung Alonguqin's were really long and a little narrow--even sized down 1/2 they were still 1/2 size too long. So quite a different fit from the...
BTW, the new Nettleton site seems pretty dubious. I'm not sure what 3 generations of Tuscan stonemasons bring to traditional footwear manufacture. And while all the old photos are great, would love to see what they're making now. I've seen some pretty mediocre stuff from when they were making stuff overseas over the last few decades. Let's hope they actually bring back some of that old-time Nettleton quality and style.
They weren't faked. Seller claimed they were Nettletons, insoles were not readable on his photos. Turned out to be vintage but low-grade wingtips (British Walkers)
many thanks. the plaid one will fit, the blue one is a little big. let me measure someother shirts to see if I can take them both. stephen
Brooks Brothers will tell you that you can't on cotton, and having tried it, I'd tell you that in addition to the mark it leaves, there's damn little fabric in there to let out.
As a long time FP user, I wouldn't recommend either of those for FP ink. I believe those are solutions for ball point ink. Roller ball ink will react more like FP ink than ball point. For FP ink stains, Amodex is a professional ink removing liquid sold by many pen shops. Ammonium will dissolve many inks but you should daub a diluted solution on with a q-tip, testing other parts of your shirt for color fastness. Rinse thoroughly afterward. Some really old stains can...
Payment Sent for: ##1, 4, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 17, 20, 22, 32, 44, 45, 46, 47, 48; and 2X: ##2, 3, and 28. 22 total laces @ $1.75=38.50 +$3 shipping=$41.50 +4% paypal fee=$43.16 total. Paypal sent today. thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by david3558 Can't decide which one to get: What do you guys think? As much as I'd love to, I can't purchase both! As asked above, are they doing another run of these? Listed as sold out on the website. I have the brown ones and beware, in person they are much redder--more typical chromexcel. Not quite 80's Timberland lug boots but not as rich/deep as the pictures. You can darken them up with Obenauf's...
Quote: Originally Posted by whatever123 um ... cause they use cxl leather in their shoes, hand-stitch the sole (which you can re-sole), look at least 9x times nicer and are constructed much better. trust me, when it comes to shoes you really do get what you pay for. if you had a pair of quoddys and sat them next to those you would know what im talking about +the fact that after wearing them for a month they'll look like crap. Come back and...
Silk knots are classic, trad, elegant. Cufflinks can be great too but these are great for travel, and when you want a little understatement. Cheap and nasty are most of the gold or chrome plated, plastic stone cheap cufflinks I see most guys wearing with their French cuffs. I have vintage gold and sterling links but I still wear the knots sometimes--got married in a pair last year. Just be careful with ebay sellers from China--might be made in the same factory as BB,...