or Connect

Posts by Dr Huh?

Well, not just a UK thing. I don't know about the rest of Canada, but Paki was a commonly used slur in Toronto when I was growing up, and it was never Pakistani kids who were using it, and it was always used in a derogatory sense. I do remember when George W. Bush used it a while back, a local radio station was talking about it, and all of the Canadian callers couldn't believe he said it, but it seemed the American callers were unfamiliar with it as a racist term in the U.S.
Actually, I shouldn't have highlighted it without commenting on it as I didn't think it was intentional in the first place. But I also wasn't sure if it was considered to be offensive in other parts of the world, as no one else picked up on it.
For those of you who watch games on television, is the cameraman ever placed in the stands along with the fans? I watch Jays games and lately the station I watch them on has made a habit of putting the cameraman in the stands, usually searching for someone to film. Sometimes you'll see these long shots of his point of view as he walks down the steps, other times you get people waving to the camera. It ruins the feeling that you're seeing genuine reactions, and by having...
After a lousy stretch of games, the Blue Jays come from being down 8-0, to winning the game 14-9 against the Reds. Amazing comeback.
So Barbour has a function on their website that lets you check if a site is authorized to carry the brand, and it said the site I was on is an authorized site, so at least it is legit. I still wish I could find a local store that does carry it so I can try it on.
Anyone know how the Lens jacket fits? I'd try it on, but there doesn't seem to be any stores near by that carry it: Also, anyone know if this was from a past season? I can't seem to find it on Barbour's website, and I'm wondering how legit the sites I have seen it are.
Someone should start a "where are they know?" thread, because I dug his fits, but he abruptly stopped posting.
Because one of them is the real conceptual 4est, and the other is his evil doppelganger. It's science fiction, guy, come on!