or Connect

Posts by whizod

Just an update: So I got my pants tailored and tried on the full ensemble. The jacket is still straight out of the box with no alterations, the pants were taken in 1" around the thighs. Overall the whole experience has been great. While I doubt Black Lapel is able to provide a perfect online MTM suit on the first try, it came out nearly perfect with a few minor adjustments. The concierge provided some second opinions in that the shoulders can be brought in another...
I brought the suit to my tailor, told her I wanted the shoulders shortened... she suggested that I keep them as is, something along the lines that it provides the proper arm shape. After steaming it, the left shoulder dent is less noticeable. I"ve taken my tailors advise for the time being as she said the jacket fit well and was very impressed with it. She did agree with the thighs being a bit loose and is going to slim down the pants slightly. To answer your question, I...
Hi Guys, Just wanted to get your thoughts on my first MTM suit out of the box, I'd like to get an idea of what to tell my tailor when I bring it to them for adjustments. Overall I feel that it fits pretty well, the left shoulder sticks out a little too much and creates and indent. Hopefully I can get some better pictures taken later this weekend, but your advice is appreciated. Thanks
Wanted to give my impressions on BlackLapel and their services. This is my first suit purchase and first online MTM experience, my initial research had brought me between trying Indochino and BlackLapel. What swayed me was the concierge service, they promptly replied to all my emails and answered any questions and concerns I had. Most of all, they were very patient with me as a first time buyer. I can honestly say there have only been a handful of other cases in which I...
http://men.brownsshoes.com/eng_ca/pr...llSeason/21376 I recently bought these because I loved the way they look and were the last pair in my size, on sale. As much as I love these boots I have two issues with them. 1) The soles of these boots have absolutely no grip on them, what can you guys suggest to add grip to these shoes? 2) The left boot feels tight where the laces begin at the bottom, and so when the boot flexes the crease formed pinches down against my...
Oh man thank you so much!! I guess my follow up question which I never thought i'd get a chance to ask again will be where can I still find these ankle socks? ebay and google are not giving many results
I wanted to ask here before creating a new thread because I know how silly this may be. But I bought these socks a few years ago at winners and have fallen in love with them, the catch is that I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the brand nor is the name labelled on the sock. So I come to you guys the experts in hopes that SOMEONE can identify this brand. Thanks!
I wanted to ask here before creating a new thread because I know how silly this may be. But I bought these socks a few years ago at winners and have fallen in love with them, the catch is that I cannot for the life of me remember the name of the brand nor is the name labelled on the sock. So I come to you guys the experts in hopes that SOMEONE can identify this brand.
Bringing this back up. What are peoples experiences with hemming nudies? Do you guys prefer to get them chainsitched or just get a regular hem? I got a pair of SJDJ and wondered if it is possible to get them hemmed while keeping the original orange stitching? .... Now that I think about it, would a euro hem work? Thanks in advance.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mauro HI guys! I received three types of jeans today from N &F The skinny - raw blue $155.00 The weird guy-indigo $130.00 The slim guy- black black $130.00 all three are selvage. I will have them on the web site asap. In the meantime I am offering 25% off and free shipping for anyone who orders over the phone or paypal. I have a 28 thru 34 in all three body styles. Best, mauro Would this apply to...