or Connect

Posts by texas_jack

I'm exaggerating a little bit but not much.
This is a nifty argument except it can't be applied to black americans since we didn't bring any culture here, or at least what we did was erased. Black culture is pure American culture. We are perhaps the most American of Americans.
Just because white racism caused a problem doesn't mean that anyone expects white people to fix it. I think you'll find the history of black people in america is fixing things in spite of white people's influence.
Yes it is. Racism has created the culture of Black Americans. Our culture is 100% a creation of this nation and hence racism is at the root of almost everything since racism was an integral part of every black person to ever live in America's existence.
Your don't have de jure and de facto racism in a country for 400 years and make it disappear in 50. No amount of laws in the world could make that happen.
bumping this ancient thread. I just picked up a D'avenza for Battaglia suit in guanashina. I guess it's nice, just feels like cashmere to me. Looks like they damaged the cuff a little when making it so I guess that's why it was never picked up. Luckily the sleeves are just a touch short for me. $299. Someone took a loss on that.
no one is going to talk about the priest that got beheaded in France?
Just talked to the recruiter and they pay less than the offer I accepted. Oh well, I don't want to get in that industry THAT bad. Moving on...
and either way I win since both pay a lot more than current job I'm leaving.
So I accepted an offer for a new job on Monday and of fucking course a recruiter for the kind of job I really want called later that afternoon. I told them I have to decide on first offer by Aug 1 which is partially true because aug 1 is the start date for the first offer which I actually already accepted. Any tips on making this as smooth as possible? I guess there is no nice way to do it.