or Connect

Posts by ColumbiaKai

Visit Zak Schuhmoden ... Kärntner Straße 36 ... just a block from the Hotel Sacher. Beautiful handmade shoes (incl the button shoes in my pic). Also... Materna is in the Mahlerstraße.
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing In this photo, Pope Benedict is visiting Austria. Are these men wearing Austrian dress uniforms? Some of the ensembles seem like Hussar garb, and then you have the monumental bicorne on the crippled gentleman. Like the pope himself, these gentlemen are probably members of an "historic anachronism" society who dress up in fancy though authentic costumes and pine for the way the world used to be.
Hello. I live in the US and frequently place merchandise orders from EU member countries. The reduction of VAT from the price usually happens automatically during the on-line check-out. I'm currently negotiating an order via email exchange with a Spanish vendor that is unfamiliar with this. I am referring the vendor to this page... http://ec.europa.eu/taxation_customs...s/index_en.htm ...which reads, in part... "VAT on imports and exports "For the purpose...
Quote: Originally Posted by BillyMaysHere! I certainly hope it's worded right, or else there won't be any garments available for purchase! Indeed! All fashion is imitation. There's nothing that's truly new. It's all recycled with time.
Quote: Originally Posted by blackbowtie Is this normal? I'm just nervous about providing my social security via e-mail and would like to check with the people here first. I've received other suits from the UK before but this never happened. I would appreciate any information. I had to do this once, too. A pair of shoes sent from Vienna, via FedEx, with direct-billing to my FedEx acct. I was afraid it might trigger a bill from the IRS for...
Quote: Originally Posted by ColumbiaKai Well... it's more like £93, not $93... a considerable difference. HOWEVER... nonetheless it's a good discount... bringing the per-shirt price to £17.50. And NO, shipping to the US is *not* included. That runs an addl £8. Again, nothing at all to sneeze at! Well... I stand (rather, I sit) corrected. Ex-VAT the per-shirt price is reduced to £15.30. Six shirts (£58.20) + shipping (£8) = £99.80.
Quote: Originally Posted by lpresq I know it's not a SF favorite, but it's a good deal nevertheless. Five shirts shipped CONUS for $93.00 with code NJTES. Well... it's more like £93, not $93... a considerable difference. HOWEVER... nonetheless it's a good discount... bringing the per-shirt price to £17.50. And NO, shipping to the US is *not* included. That runs an addl £8. Again, nothing at all to sneeze at!
Quote: Originally Posted by holymadness Did any of you have to wear short pants growing up? I felt kind of bad for the kids given that it was about 3 degrees (celsius) outside. I wore short pants (often Lederhosen) until I was about 8 or 10. Of course, growing up in So Calif this wasn't much of a hardship.
I have several of their shirts. Love 'em! Large collars... but I like that. Nice fabrics and beautiful buttons.
Quote: Originally Posted by AHS I get that BBBF are not meant to be worn by heavy guys. I think that to really pull of Thom Browne well -- whether his own line, or the BB Black Fleece -- you need to be young, quite svelte and preferably tall. (I'm no longer young, and borderline non-svelte.)